Thursday, March 14, 2002

Mailing Lists Nerd

Speaking of which, I've also subscribed to a wildlife issues mailing list. It's actually rather annoying because they e-mail you every single article out there that is related to wildlife (that's a lot!) and plus, sometimes (thankfully, not often), there are stupid comments from the readers. But I still subscribe it because occasionally, there are useful articles, particularly those pertaining to Southeast Asian wildlife issues and anyway, the e-mails are sent to one of my junk e-mail accounts. Like the one I listed in my livejournal userinfo. I barely check these e-mail accounts and when I do, I can pick and read e-mails in my leisure.

One of the e-mails that were sent to me through this mailing list has had me all agog this week. A Brit student was killed by a croc during a study expedition in Africa. Anything that has to do with croc attacks immediately grabs my attention. I think it's mostly because I have this morbid fear about being eaten by a crocodile and plus, it's a real danger in the field. Once, I had to wade 10 metres, waist-deep. I didn't even have a stick to poke around with to avoid stepping on a croc. Don't ask me why I do the things I do because I often don't know either. I mean, I am afraid of crocs but at the same time, I don't think I'm fated to be a victim of a hungry croc. It's just something I know. Anyway, my psychic friend told me so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home