Wednesday, March 13, 2002

Word nerd!

I'm such a word nerd. I'm so enjoying this mailing list I signed up a while ago. See, each day, they send you an obscure word, its meaning and a sample sentence. I can't wait for an opportunity to use the word, "katzenjammer", in a conversation. I love it! It's German and its origin relates to the wailing of cats. Katzenjammer. It's so obscure that not even Microsoft Word recognizes it and you get that squiggly red underline.

Yeah, I write my journal entries on Word first before I up-load it. I'm anal when it comes to spelling and grammatical mistakes. If I see such a mistake in my entry, I have to edit it. At one point, I probably edited an entry three or four times, just to make it right for me. Otherwise, the mistake would haunt me, like an annoying song. Therefore, the mistakes you read are often deliberate. I don't do things half-assed. They're either fully baked or still in the freezer.

Addendum: If you want to join the Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day mailing list, send a blank e-mail to: mw-wod-subscribe-request@listserv.webster.m-w.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home