Friday, January 31, 2003

I'm a little teapot

I had a roti canai breakfast today with sheebs and M., who has just returned from North Korea two days ago. It was really interesting to hear an account of a foreigner (Brit) working in North Korea. It's my favourite Axis of Evil country.

* * * * * * *

It's the eve of Chinese New Year and the neighbourhood kids have taken to throwing firecrackers on the main road for the last couple of days. That pisses me off because a) I'm a jumpy person and sudden loud noises at work (I've been working at home lately) make me irritable and b) it's dangerous to throw firecrackers on the main road, it could cause a car accident.

Yeah, it's mostly a).

The kids were at it again yesterday afternoon, so I ran out to the balcony and shook my fist threateningly. Not that they were looking at my direction but at least I felt good doing something vaguely menacing. My sister took one look at me and said, "you're not going to be that old lady that hates kids and chases them around, are you?"

Of course not.

I'll leave the chasing to my minion of evil kitties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home