Wednesday, May 26, 2004

It's not melodrama when there are no tears shed

My ex just told me that he’s getting married – and that he wanted me to be the first to know (ahhh… perks of being an ex!! *sarcasm*).

I was sooo not surprised.. but maybe at the timing, I guess.

I think we were both waiting for my reaction – that I would be upset, perhaps. But I wasn’t. I mean, well, this is what he wants – I want him to be happy and you know what, he does look happy. But I think I was rather stunned at how fast it all seemed to be.. I mean it was just last year after all…

Sigh..

When he told me that he wanted to tell me something, I knew it had to be that.. At first, I thought that he was pregnant (well, you know what I mean) but he’s not, yet I guess.

I don’t know.. it’s a weird feeling. I’m inspecting my feelings but other than the surprise, I don’t feel unhappy. I’ve already accepted that it’s over, completely.

I appreciate the fact that he told me personally and that I am the first to know. I think, well, it’s just decent to do so than to just hand me my invitation card (the invites aren’t ready yet).

It’s weird yet I think part of me feels left behind. Like he’s going to start a new life and I’m still doing the same-o, lame-o. It’s not that I want to get married now but I am beginning to wonder where I am at this stage of my life.

Feeling very ambivalent right now. I want a hug.

5 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ordinarylife: thanks for leaving a comment - comments cheer me up! Yeah, in retrospect, I do feel thankful that he decided to let me know first before anyone else.

 
At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*HUG*
You'll be OK. I know so.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

Thank you mysterious person! ;-)

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You might be doing same-o but it's not lame-o. You know that full well. Besides, look what 'new' start he's getting into. I'm feeling extra generous so I give him 5 years, 8 tops. Buy me a coffee when it happens. Mean? Maybe? It's just my honest opinion.

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger zeeyen said...

But no matter what, I just do not understand why your ex would want to tell it first to you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home