Tuesday, May 25, 2004

The Land of Extonia

Seeing an ex after a long period of time is always disquieting. I think we’d all be better off with our exes exiled to Extonia. Err… say that ten times fast.

It starts off with some slight nervousness, then your insides feel like they’ve been shaken and stirred, and soon your throat’s feeling a bit choked.

Or maybe I’m just coming down with a cold, who knows.

At least we’re currently being friendly towards each other albeit in a rather superficial way. I doubt that we could ever go back to being the really good friends we were before we got involved – which I think, is what I mourn the most. But what the heck. Things change, and you just have to move on.

It’s so cliché but true – learn from your mistakes so you won’t have to go through the agony of making the same mistake over again. I certainly drew up some rules after this relationship although these were rules that I had previously made in the past but never thought I would break until I actually did so. Nothing’s ever black & white and it’s easier for an outsider to see the mistakes that are being made, than the people who are making the mistakes themselves. Well, duh. Emotions are messy but you know what, I can’t really regret what happened. For even mistakes become a part of you that you just have to accept. Growth comes from understanding and dealing with the consequences of the bad decisions that were made as well as appreciating the good decisions. Yeah, still working on the self-growth part. Damn human complexities.

Since we’re kinda on the topic of angst, my pirated Buffy Season 4 DVD set has a major glitch – I can’t view the special features. Stupid poetic justice.

2 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Blogger Bertha said...

Buffy DVD special features are crap - it's why I stopped buying them! Or maybe I've been spoilt by the XF and LOTR ones. ;)

Self-growth is neverending. The day you stop learning and growing is the day we die or become devoid of any emotions at all, so it's better to still be filled with all these emotions be it bad or good. At least you know you're not being indifferent. :)

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

Yeah, after the LOTR dvds (my copies are all original btw!!!), I don't think I could look at other dvd's special features the same way again.

And yes, it's better to feel than to not feel at all? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home