Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Legally Blur

When I travel for work, I get plenty of exercise (damn hills) but lately when I’m back in town, I haven’t been moving the bod lately. I used to bike almost every evening but in the past months, the bike’s been quietly standing against the wall (good bike). The neighbourhood is getting really icky, with unsavoury characters hanging around in quiet corners. I’m getting a little tired, whizzing by (ha haa) on my bike, and yelling, “fuck off!” because they’re staring and mashing their lips together, in some weirdo sad attempt to communicate with a girl.

These days, when I do take the bike out, it’s to places like Bau, where the air is fresher, and the scenery is much more interesting (we go through corn fields, past the Fairy Caves, and on hills…). And I haven’t done that either lately too – there is the good ol’ excuse of not being in town more often these days but I still remember the bad spill I had while biking down a muddy path on a hill. No ouchie but I had the wind knocked out of me so badly that I couldn’t breathe properly for a while. The experience of falling (which is something I really hate) was bad enough that I didn’t want to do more hills after that. Yeah, a fear that I need to conquer one of these days. That and Antonio Banderas (no, not as fear but rather to conquer – wink, wink).

Note to left eye: stop twitching manically!

If I don’t do any physical activity in a while, I get pretty antsy. I need to keep the ‘ol blood pumping – it’s a good release from overthinking and hellava healthier than moping around because my ex is getting married and that the last time I had sex was exactly a year ago. Gawd, I think I’m depressed now.

Note to brain: stop thinking too much!

Note to libido: shaddup!

Err.. so anyway, I went jogging at Reservoir Park with a good friend this evening. At first I thought, "man, this is easy" but after a while, I begin to remember what I felt like when I tumbled down the hill with Bike. It didn’t help when we saw Man with Man Boobies prancing around in his bitty shorts. Do you know how painful it is to giggle when you’re already out of breath? Plus, I couldn’t stop talking. It was great; I can’t wait to do it again tomorrow evening.

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people don’t kill." (obscure Legally Blonde quote that amuses me greatly)

I can whistle; all I need is an eye patch.

4 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Blogger Gette said...

*has bad flashbacks of Man Boobies and his bitty shorts*

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger superkumquat said...

Let's go on Sunday! Morning or evening?

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger superkumquat said...

My friend Gladys told me that Man with Man Boobies doesn't really jog the whole time he's there. He only sprints when he sees that there are girls to impress. Imagine that! How pathetic!!

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger Cayce said...

That's funny... all along, I had thought it would have been men that he wanted to impress...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home