Sunday, May 30, 2004

The Thong Song

Dear Diary,

Today, I fell in love with a beautiful Tibetan red wrap-around skirt. I had to have it. Getting the skirt for 30% off made it all the more desirable. I wanted to wear it immediately for a later outing with friends, and so I teamed it up with a sleeveless, scoop-neck black top, flat sandals, black Penan bracelets, and a mother-of-pearl necklace that I had bought during last year’s trip to the Philippines.

As with all new diaphanous skirts, I did the obligatory underwear check with Mom. She gave me the enthusiastic thumbs up as I twirled around. Apparently she wasn’t paying too much attention or thought I was going with the skanky ho look, for when I met up with my friends, Joyce thoughtfully asked, “are you wearing a thong?”

“NO!” I yelped indignantly, and then muttered, “Yes, and please don’t tell me you can see it.”

Following detailed description of thong was not at all very helpful.

After flashing a certain area of Kuching with said thong, I was ready to call it a night. A French movie (8 Femmes) viewing in a non-public area (i.e. Joyce’s house) sounded promising, and safe from other humiliation antics that I might unconsciously be up to.

And so I thought, until I did the stupid robotic dance and flooded her living room floor.

I think I should go to bed now, Diary and not wake up till July.


Love,
Cayce.

8 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Blogger sarah said...

LOL, VPLs. Enemy of skirts ;)

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Bertha said...

hehehehehe

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA.

Um, sorry :p

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

bayibhyap, Nepal's been on my radar for a long while. I've travelled quite a bit and my job gets me down and dirty so I think I'd be ok with the dirt and all in Nepal. Especially if it means great shopping! And um, the culture, yes, to experience the culture as well.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger superkumquat said...

well, you did look very HOTT in the skirt, if it's any consolation. the cinema was dark and we were sitting down the whole time at life cafe.

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Dee said...

*lol* sorry,reading this entry made me remember what my mum once said to me"wear a nice underwear all the time,you never know that the wind might blow and you have the whole town talking about it".

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

Thanks for the tips, bayibhyap! My friend recently got back from Nepal and her e-mails are inspiring me to go soon!

Dee - my mom says a similar thing, something about wearing nice underwear, for just in case, you might get into an accident and the ambulance people would see what kind of underwear you're wearing and wouldn't you die of embarrassment if you weren't wearing nice underwear then? But then she sends me out with the thong, go figure.

 
At 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your boat company tug blog is great thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home