Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Mangoes with Murakami

Random things running through my mind:

Mangoes are in season these days…. I’m very much a fruit person and to have fresh mangoes every day is lovely. We have a mango tree in our backyard; a local variety called queenie(sp?). Can’t wait till the mangosteen tree starts fruiting.

Marita and I went to the Salvation Army store today and picked up second-hand books. I ended up with By Any Means Necessary: The Trials and Tribulations of the making of Malcolm X by Spike Lee and Ralph Wiley, and The Land of Far-Beyond by Enid Blyton. The latter is based on John Bunyan’s The Pilgrim’s Progress. I read this book as a kid and I remember liking it so much. It’s weird because just the other day, I was thinking about the book. So I couldn’t pass it up when I saw it in the store, especially for RM2! The Spike Lee book was only RM5.

One of my favourite people is back and she gave me Birthday Stories, an anthology edited by Haruki Murakami. Books as pressies make me very happy… It’s so great to have her back from the UK. We get to harass her up till August – wohoo!! I sense a CSI DVD marathon coming up…

The other day, I was subpoenaed, which gave me a nasty shock. I could think of several reasons why I could be subpoenaed, none of them all good. And then I found out that it was work stuff, pheeww..

Today’s the first day of my mom’s volunteering stint at the autism home. It’s so cute.. She was soooo excited about it. Can’t wait to hear about her day when I get home from work.

I’m having a very good hair day today. That’s very important.

Part of my boat engine is in a box, which I need to get it fixed before my trip this Sunday. I’m a bit worried – I hope it wouldn’t take too long to fix because I can’t delay my trip. I’ve carefully planned it so I could go for the Rainforest World Music Festival! Also very important! Check out the Survival Guide to the RWMF. There are carefully cropped photos of yours truly but for info’s sake, I’m not girl with nice boobies in white tank top (although the top is mine). And please drop a note in the forum too.

Still in birthday celebratory mood – go me!

3 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger eM said...

I loved the Land Of Far Beyond--- just re-read it a couple of days ago...Happy Birthday, btw!

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Cayce said...

Mynna, I just finished the Land of Far-Beyond.. it's so interesting to reread books that you've read a long time ago as a kid. I remember thinking that the book felt longer though.. hmm... ;-)

Thanks for the b-day greeting!

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

Daniel, I shall be brave and try to overlook your unfashionable self... You may borrow a sarong, if you wish.

I think the guy wanted us to talk in Malay. Or he had thought that I wanted to include him in the conversation but wasn't interested himself (he acted bored - nice!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home