Thursday, August 05, 2004

I can't find my off button

I had a really good day today – the kind that kept me enthusiastically grinning and babbling over dinner with friends.

Daniel called me up early this morning and it was really nice to hear his voice! I missed his first call, got to talk to him for about 10 seconds on the second call and finally had a nice chat on the third call but we got cut off before saying good bye. So that was really nice to start off the day.

Marita and I had lunch with an old friend today at Bing’s. Another friend dropped by and we chatted with him for a long time. I like him a lot – he’s Canadian and the funniest guy I know. He’s also very sharp and works in the same biz. So, naturally, the talk veered towards the state of conservation in the state, and continued on way after he left. Under normal circumstances, the topic could leave anyone feeling depressed later but for me, it left me feeling validated with important decisions I’m making. It may seem hopeless and whatever the good people are doing, are merely short-term solutions for never-ending problems. However, I feel that there are so many ways to still make a difference, no matter how small. If Plan A isn’t working, try Plan B. If Plan B isn’t working, try Plan C etc. I’m excited about the society I’m volunteering with because I’m hoping that we would continue to achieve some conservation goals along the way. I’ve been volunteering for them ever since I returned from Canada years ago and we’ve just elected a new committee. Yours truly is Secretary. I’m still excited about my new role – I think it’d be a great learning experience for me. It’s so different from my actual work for it involves public awareness and I’m keen on the interacting-with-all-sorts-of-people part.

And oh, I was offered this wonderful opportunity that I’m really excited about. So yeah, it’s tentative right now thus I don’t really want to say much about it and unfortunately, it doesn’t stop me from being overly excited either.

Later during dinner, I was brimming with happiness that I ended up babbling. Eventually, I noticed my verbal madness and apologized but my friends were laughing along at me so it was all good. According to them, Daniel’s description of me was very apt. He also described the rest of my friends pretty well.

I’m just going to have a moment of awwwww…… right now - for the fact that everyone got along so well, despite some reservations. Ok, a lot of reservations. Some people were pretty unhappy upon hearing that Daniel was coming to visit. They ended up being very fond of him...

By the way, guys – there’s this guy that I kinda know on-line. I’ve been reading his journal and he sounds pretty cool. We’ve been e-mailing each other for a while now and guess what? He plans to visit me in a couple of weeks!!!! Isn’t that pretty cool? Wanna meet him?





JUST KIDDING!

4 Comments:

At 12:51 AM, Blogger zeeyen said...

:-)

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

Daniel, I'm not sure what damage my dogs could do other than savagely attacking his socks. And oh, they could pee on his bag.

Actually, I never told you this but remember the night where you left your bag at my house, next to the computer table? Well, Frodo peed on it. I cleaned it as best as I could but apparently you didn't noticed because you never said anything. I didn't really want to tell you until you were in a non-strangling Frodo situation.



:-D

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

p/s I'm sorry! I'm sure Frodo is sorry as well..

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Gette said...

*pisses self laughing*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home