Saturday, August 28, 2004

In KL

So I'm in KL at the moment, killing time in a cybercafe (RM3 for half an hour??) waiting for my 10 p.m. bus trip to Taiping - eeks! We won't arrive there until past 2 a.m. Trying not to stress out too much especially when I think about the 11 a.m. meeting the next day.

The only good thing about KL is that it makes me appreciate Kuching so much more. The heat, humidity, pollution and crowds are disgusting. At first, I was pretty excited about the shopping but it's only fun when you're with a bunch of girlfriends. Being with a guy is a whole different experience, I tell ya. It's been fun but just different. At least I managed to hit some bookstores along the way. Being in Kinokuniya bookstore was a respite from the craziness that is KL. I didn't buy anything there though - I couldn't find the Haruki Murakami book that I was looking for. Ended up buying "Stiff" by Mary Roach, which is about the uses of human corpses, etc.. at Times bookstore in KLCC. I've been looking for this book for a year now and it's great to finally pick it up.

We've been walking around KL the whole day - Puduraya to BB area to KLCC... it's actually all pretty close but when you've got a backpack on your back, and the heat and pollution are all around you, it gets tiring.

Stopped at Starbucks to try their new strawberry cream iced frappucino - yuummmm!!!!! But at RM14.50 for a venti (or grande - their equivalent to a medium, i forget), it's so steep! So we just ended up sharing one, being the cheap backpackers we are.

We also had some sushi at Sushi King because I miss sushi so much but it wasn't all that great.

And oh! There was this really adorable baby tee by Jill Stuart at FOS - it's black and has the following words in sparkly pink: "I was going to rule the world but got distracted by something sparkly" - so cute! It was about RM30 though - should I get it? Like I need more t-shirts! It enhances my boobs as well - I'm trying to decide whether it's a good thing.

So the boy is next to me, playing some computer game (boys!). Am trying to discreetly update my blog because he doesn't know anything about this and am planning to keep it this way.

Why isn't anyone on MSN messenger right now???

5 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

KL ? Lucky you. I want to go too but I'm broke and I don't have much leave days left.

RM3 for 30 minutes ?? Wow that's costly.

And buy the tee. Tees with witty comments are the coolest (My brother's got one that says "Instant Asshole, Just Add Alcohol).

Besides, it may not always be a good thing all the time but there will be times when it is a good thing to enhance your boobs.

Have a nice weekend.

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Bertha said...

It's tall, grande, venti. So medium woud be a grande. :) Trust a Starbucks addict to know that. Hee.

Which Murakami were you looking for? And can you actually find a Murakami in Malaysia anyway?

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger cabiria said...

hi Cayce, I've been reading your blog as I heard a lot about you through Daniel. When you mentioned you were going through KL in your trip, I meant to drop you a line, but I am lazy... Wish I had, though, it would have been cool to meet you for some saturday Sushi's.
(I vote 'yes' re: TShirt! it's a fun one! almost overrules the one I saw on a girl the other day: 'make chocolate not war'. loved that, wish I could find one to buy for myself.)
Enjoy your trip!

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Cayce said...

seoirse, I was looking for the following books actually: norwegian wood, south of the border, west of the sun and hard-boiled wonderland.. I was also interested in Sputnik Sweetheart, which the KL bookstores had, but I didn't like the look of the cover (heee... yes, i am picky!!!). So yeah, you can find Murakami in KL but only a small selection. I loved the Wind-Up Bird Chronicles by the way! Definitely a novel that I can read over and over again.

lets, it'd be cool to meet up so we can compare notes on Daniel - ha ha haa.. Well, am heading back to KL in the middle of October for the weekend, if you're still interested in meeting up!

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger cabiria said...

Sure, let's meet up when you're here again in October! I'll drop you an email message with my handphone number.
enjoy Bali. It will be fine, it's so much fun to travel on your own.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home