Tuesday, September 28, 2004

I'm blogging this



All gussied up for the night out. My good bud and I decided to dress up for drinks (the chocolatey kind) at the newly renovated Denis’ Place. Joyce took this photo.



It's been a pretty crazy day today, and especially yesterday where I had this very important meeting that caused considerable angst and then I went and clogged the toilet afterwards. Wheee... No, really.. It was just an inch away from flooding the bathroom. They had to call in the heavy guns (JKR) to clean up the mess. How embarrassing.. Should have blamed my colleague instead of immediately owing up to it.

Lots of work angst lately so having lunch with the hobbits was a picker-upper. As well as making a quick trip to the mall with Marita where I took advantage of her multilingual skills and got a neat discount on a pair of shoes I was recently coveting.

Talk about an incentive to learn both Hokkien and Mandarin!!

The shoes - the shoes are kinda crazy, very kitsch.. Probably not everyone's taste but I absolutely love it. Although I have apprehensions that as a wildlife conservationist, I shouldn't really be wearing these mock snakeskin open-toed pumps.. But as a GIRL, I love 'em. And anyway, they're so obviously fake (but nicely done). And they're light purple.. And I love 'em...

But I figure, that these shoes would have their use in wildlife conservation.... I mean, I once gave a reptile lecture to enforcement officers and used a crocodile skin bag* as a visual aid (since it's their job to confiscate illegal animal products in town). So you know, the next time I give a lecture on reptiles, the shoes would come in handy. So really, I'm doing this for the cause. It was a worthwhile sacrifice, spending that RM50. I should be given a medal. Or maybe more shoes.

Since we’re on the topic of shopping (sigh), this baby tee is so cute. I saw it on Beverly, and KNEW that it had to be sold online somewhere, and lo behold, you can get it at thinkgeek.com. This is also so me. *grin*

Ok, back to your regular spending now.





*My dad mistook a 11 year old's (me) request for a bag shaped like an animal, NOT an animal-skinned bag. I was horrified when he came back from Australia and proudly presented me with a crocodile-skin handbag. At least it was from farmed crocodile but still...

6 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Denis' has reopened !! Excellent ! That place is the coolest.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm thinking floating submarines here.

Hey! How come I wasn't invited to Denis??! *goes to corner and pouts*

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

mac: the new Denis' Place is now opposite the old place. Oh, do go and support Denis than fancy-shmancy coffee place owned by a rich family!!!

sativa: oh cool! we should wear the shoes out together. :-) oooohhh... i feel so cool now knowing that you also have a pair of mock snakeskin heels. :-D

daniel: taking photos of recently acquired merchandise?? oh that's JUST so silly! ;-)

marita: that photo was taken a whiles ago lah! and you were busy with something or other - you had some dinner thingy.. aww.. don't pout.. think of the floating submarines (thanks btw for mentioning that online!!)

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Dee said...

Denis' new placed looked cool.Have not gotten around saying my hi's to him.I'll pop down there one of these days.Heheh....

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oklah! I have un-pouted, and am waiting to be taken somewhere for a girls' night out. *taps feet expectantly and gives ape's look*

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

Dee M: oh definitely, visit Denis' when you can. :-)

Marita: oklah! when you wanna go?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home