Thursday, September 16, 2004

oh, ducky





This was taken in my garden some time ago. My mom has this fascination for all garden things tacky. The bird feeders from Vancouver are the nicest of the bunch though. We also have a bunch of those whirling insect sticks on flowerpots, a stone Halloween pumpkin, plastic red fences, and many more... The only reason why we don’t have those large garden gnomes is because my mom can’t find them in town yet. We do have garden ducks though. We used to have this beautiful sundial (also from Vancouver) but it was stolen during a party, imagine that. People can be so disgusting sometimes. My mom mourned for a long while and then bought more garden ducks.

Yesterday, I celebrated All Things Vintage Day (yeah, I just made it up) and wore a lovely Indian linen top from the 60's which once belonged to Marita’s mom. It is bright orange, with faded pink cuffs; it comes down to my mid-thighs and has long, wide slits on the sides. It is sooooo… comfortable. I feel like Jemina Khan except for the blonde, beautiful British socialite part.

Currently finding exquisiteness in the online project that is FutureMe. Do go and write encouraging e-mails to your futureself.

Today is Malaysia Day - the real birthday of Malaysia.

ADDENDUM: My new favourite catchphrase for something that is my fault but I am not willing to admit it, is: "MY OX IS BROKEN!!!!" AR5 fans, anyone? Go, Chip & Kim! BTW, the midget, I mean vertically challenged, person next to the Philiminator on this week's episode is Gloria Arroyo's (the Philippines president) daughter. Go, Chip & Kim!

8 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger Cayce said...

ahh... my little devil, i shall wear it for you..

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You can see the picture at Marita's flcker right now.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger cabiria said...

loved the FutureMe! thanks for the tip.
so I see you are not only a AR5 fan, but a Television Without Pitty AR5 recaps fan! man, I missed this friday episode, I am sure the evil Collin and Christie non elimination would have caused the tv set some serious scratches. can't believe this friday is the season finale. it would be cool to get a bunch of people together and get pissed while cheering for Chip and Kim.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

oooo.... lets, i love watching amazing race (AND television without pity!) - actually, i'd love it even more if i get to *participate* in the amazing race but woe is me!! I think this season's a lot more interesting than the previous ones: I couldn't watch Flo anymore and was even more indignant when she won. That last episode of AR was HILARIOUS. Colin going mental over the ox; Christie going bonkers in the jeepney(you know when you're over the edge when COLIN is the reasonable one) - pure gold!

Oh, love the idea about getting a bunch of people over to have a drinking party during the AR finale but I'm the only AR fan that I know of here. *sniff*

now, if i could only find the perfect, athletic partner who speaks good Malay (one of us has to!) for TV3's pseudo-AR show..

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger cabiria said...

oh I wish I had seen the last episode... quite ironical that we are the only AR fans we know, in the same country and yet we are a flight away. I ama recent fan though, I didn't watch the past seasons, at home they stoped broadcasting it in the second season, and here I only realized NTV7 was showing it when it was already four episodes down the race (I do not have Astro). Aparentely season 6 will 'debut' just one week after season 5 is finished, so I really hope they keep it up here. At least it's top class brainwashing TV!

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Shook said...

whaddya mean you're the only AR fan here? Count me and my GF in.

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

oh, you're watching NTV7 - that explains about the friday mention - I was confused for a minute. BTW, THE FINALE IS ON TONIGHT and I promise not to blog about the winners until after Friday. :-)

aaahhh... well, if I ever end up in KL, I know the perfect AR drinking buddy. :-) funnily enough, I was asked to consider this job in KL last night but naahh, am not taking it. KL's just not on my radar these days and would seriously burn bridges with my current employment if I were to up and go and take this offer. But definitely, we should meet up next month in October when I head over there for a weekend!

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

shook: the only AR fan that i know of lah, now i know three!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home