Monday, October 11, 2004

Cool hunting t-shirts

I’m always on the hunt for cute, quirky t-shirts. I can never get enough of them. There are some good ones in town but it’s hard to find ones that have witty sayings/clever designs and are actually comfortable. I’d love to design t-shirts one day; I’ve got some neat ideas. I just need to find a local supplier that has the right t-shirts. In the meantime, I indulge my fantasy by checking out online coolhunter Josh Rubin’s recommendations, such as this one:



Cute tee from http://spicybrown.com



Naturally, I’m bringing along some cute tees with me to Bali. I’m only packing half of my backpack’s capacity. This is how optimistic I am about my planned shopping. But you see, it’s not all for me, I have this long list of people that I want to get gifts for (depending on whether they’ve been naughty or nice! – to me, ha).

Countdown to Bali: seven days! I actually leave on Friday but am spending the weekend in KL first. Weekend plans include flea marketing and watching an Actors Studio play: Life Sdn Bhd. I’m really excited about the play because I’ve always wanted to do theatre in KL. Pretty excited overall about my weekend in KL because it’d be something different from my usual Bukit Bintang/KLCC/Megamall crawl plus I’d be meeting up with new people (person?), which is always very nice!

I’m also meeting up with someone from the BootsnAll travel boards in Ubud. I don’t really know much about this person, other that she’s Malaysian, just like me and she’s travelling in Bali for two weeks this month by herself, also just like me. Just reading her post was so déjà vu that I immediately replied, asking “are you me?” I feel a lot happier that I’m actually meeting a friendly face in Ubud. We don’t necessarily have to travel together but I just appreciate a makan (eating) partner in a strange place. Plus, it’d be great to pick her brain on the sights that she has just seen (she’s currently in Bali as I write this).

There are still a bunch of things that I need to get done before I leave: first-aid kit (be prepared!), rupiah currency, clothes to pack, etc..

I’m rather surprised on how fast this all seems to be. It seemed like a long while away but when it’s here, it’s actually here and I hope the two weeks in Bali won’t go as quickly. I’m also hoping that I won’t get bored, as silly as it may seem. I’m definitely bringing my journal, and my paints. Unfortunately, I can’t bring my binos because it belongs to work. So my bird-watching would be kept to an eye-squinting minimum – *sigh*. I’m also seriously considering of hopping over to Lombok, crossing the Wallace Line and watching wild Australian birds. That would be so cool. We’d see what happens.

11 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sweetheart, you would have such a great time there. And packing half a backpack is definitely a great idea. That, or stuff in an empty bag to fill your shopping goodies with.

You'll have fun because you're all set for it. And you'll come back refreshed and ready to rumble.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

you're such a darling! and definitely on my Nice List! :-) Lots of pressies!

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

awww... also on my Nice List! Will give full report on the fashion front when i get back!

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love quirky t-shirts too ! I also love those that feature obscure bands and cult tv shows.

I have an idea for a black Illyria t-shirt with the words "Goddess" across the back.

Go to Electra House, there's this shop upstairs that does custom shirts from your own designs.

Maybe you could do something with them ?

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Dee said...

Have fun in KL and Bali!I can't wait to read your blog on this trip *excited as well*.Probably,I can get tips and hints from you myself as I plan to go there somewhere next year.Take care!

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cayce,

Perhaps I'll see you over there in Bali. I leave on Monday for a short trip of 6 weeks. If you're still in Kuta around then, drop into the Internet oupost on Poppies Lane 2. Be great to have a chat.

WombatBali

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger superkumquat said...

Mac: cos you said you're a docile boy baaaaah. like cow lah! cows are docile bah :-p

Dan: You'll be in KL on Thursday? COOL! How many days will you be here? Let's meet up!

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger cabiria said...

Daniel,
this thursday - tomorrow - or next week's thursday, the 21st? either way, give me a call. oh, and Cayce and I will meet this weekend, we have quite a saturday planned out... so if your ears start to burn, you know what it is!
--Lets

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger superkumquat said...

Dan: I'm free Thursday night. Will e-mail you my handphone number so feel free to give me a call. Guess we could meet up for a while :-)

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

dee m: heading over to bali next year? very cool!

wombatbali: sounds good! will check out the internet outpost in kuta when i head over there. haven't really decided whether i'd spend a couple of nights in kuta before i head over to ubud. or i'd probably do kuta after ubud.

daniel: very confused with your itinerarylah. you're having dinner with bertha on thursday, but you're arriving in kl TOMORROW? you said that you'd be in kl twice - thursday and next week's thursday. i dunno - maybe you ought to check your agenda again or perhaps warn bertha that you'd be in another country on thursday (which is wednesday in uk, right?) aaahhh.. you're confusing me.

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

joan: always nice to see a new face! welcome to the blog - thanks for the well-wishes!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home