Friday, October 29, 2004

Kuta: just my luck!

Aarrghhh!!!...

I seemed to have landed a Kuta cowboy. I'm very pissed off.

He's my surfing instructor, although he's really not much of an instructor as far as I can tell. The first thing we did was to automatically get into the water with the surfboard. I'm like, shouldn't you explain the basics of surfing to me first? Practise on the sand maybe? Tell me what the heck I'm supposed to do BEFORE you tie the surfboard to my ankle???

And the stupid thing is that he didn't bring me a beginner's board, what I think they call a longboard or something. So the surfboard he had with him, was his own. We had a couple of failed attempts before I insisted that we get back on the beach and that he shows me what to do - like how to get up on the board properly for example. The thing is, I don't think much of him as a surfing instructor. He claims to have worked in Hard Rock Hotel but you would think that he would have at least a basic lesson plan other than, "hey, Cayce get on the board and... PADDLE!" what the hell? I'm not going to pay good money for this.

Because the surfboard wasn't working, he suggested that we try the boogie board. Ok, now that was a whole lot of fun, I must admit. It was much easier than the surfboard because I didn't have to get up and well, I didn't trust myself to get up on the board in the water when I have an inept instructor!!

The worst part was when he tried to make a move on me. He was clearly interested in me - he was asking personal questions and later on, asked me whether I wanted to watch a movie IN HIS ROOM. WTF? No, the worst part was when he finally took me home after failed attempts to GET ME IN HIS ROOM and when I hopped off the bike, he said, CAN I COME IN? WTF???

Actually, the stupid part was that we arranged to meet up again tomorrow morning because he promised that he'd bring a longboard. I really, really had an awesome time on the boogie board so if he's a dumb instructor yet again on the longboard, there's always the boogie board.

BUT I DON'T WANT HIM TO MAKE MORE ADVANCES TO ME.

And the frustrating part is that I'm not even sure how much I should pay him because first of all, I didn't get the surfing lesson I wanted.. although I did had lots of fun on the boogie board. He keeps saying that it's up to me (although when we first met in his office, he was quoting me prices) because I'm like a "friend to him". I bet he wants to get paid with sex!!

Now, ok, we all know that I'm horny in Bali but I do have my standards and it'd be a cold winter's night in Kuta before I get it going with a Kuta cowboy and I know that I said the same thing about long haired men (AND HE HAS LONG HAIR TOO!!!) but this time, it's for real. Because he was so annoyingly persistent and I get easily irritated by men who are clearly interested in me.

BUT MY BAD LUCK WITH MEN ISN'T OVER.

Because after the whole weird surfing fiasco, I was checking out this cute little skirt in a street boutique.

A male voice says behind me, "try it on, I bet it'd look good on you".

I turned around, and it's a OLD WHITE GUY.

!!!!!!!!!!

I mumble something, and walk off and he FOLLOWS ME, asking for my name and whether I want to have lunch with him. YEAH RIGHT.

This is what my friends fondly call, "Cayce's luck", in which the only men who are interested in me are old white men. I should add old white men and creepy Balinese guys.

What's wrong with me? Honestly, I'd like to know. It's so frustrating to have creepy men interested in me all the time. As well, I'm really irritated at Balinese men because I can't walk down the street without getting wolf whistles and suggestive remarks. I'm really pissed. I don't know what it is about me because there are much better-looking girls out there, who are less clothed than I am! But they don't get harrassed by the men like I do. I think it's because I look more Indonesian than any other female tourist on the street. But the weird thing is that I'm walking around with more clothes on than anyone else and I still get this fricking male attention than any other Balinese girl. It really pisses me off.

So anyway, I wanted to go to the beach and have a swim but guess who I saw? Change of plans after all - so here I am in an internet cafe. It annoys me that I have to avoid both men - the creepy white guy lives in the same hotel as i do!!! Suddenly, Kuta is a lot smaller than I thought.

I'm torn between going to the beach tomorrow and trying out surfing once again and.. avoiding the Kuta cowboy. I think it'd be the latter because I don't want to encourage him further. I don't know how much I should pay him though. I don't think he deserves the full payment of the original agreement.

MEN SUCK! They ruin my holiday.

4 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Spidey sense tingling.

Avoid the cowboy. He may turn out to be more trouble than he alredy is. Plus, he's a scam. Avoid.

I don't know what to say, except maybe guys like these make it harder than it already is for guys like me....

I'm sorry.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

thanks mac.

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger superkumquat said...

stupid cowboy. just pay what you think is fair and skip the lesson lah. i think you'd have more fun without a second lesson.

 
At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ANDREA YOU ARE A TYPIC STUPID FEMALE CUNT WHO DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT MEN !!! JUST LIKE CAYCE THE UGLY ASS CANADIAN WHO THINKS ALL GUYS WANT HER STINKY PUSSY WHO HAS SEEN MORE USE THEN MY WORN OUT CAR TIRES...LOL, YOU NEED TO QUICKLY GET OVER YOURSELF CAYCE AN REALIZE THAT YOU DONT SHOW OFF YOURE BODY MORE CUZ YOUVE GOT FAT COTTAGE CHEESE THIGHS AN A SAGGING ASS YOU LAME AN STUCK-UP PIECE OF WHITE TRASH !!! BIMBO, THATS A GOOD WAY THAT DESCRIBES IDIOTS LIKE MOST OF YOU WOMEN....I HATE MOST OF YOU TRAMPS....WOMEN SUCK AND I WISH THEY WOULD ALL STOP THROWING THEMSELVES AT ME,AT LEAST YOU ALL COULD MAKE IT MORE CHALLENGING TO GET YOUR PHONE NUMBERS !!! MORONS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home