Saturday, October 30, 2004

Kuta: lamest of the lame

So I met up with the Kuta cowboy early this morning, because we had a prior agreement to try the longboard today. But I was all eaten up with what happened last night that my guard was on the highest alert. As well, he did rip me off in the sense that he had never provided me with a proper surfing lesson with a beginner's board.

I didn't sleep very well last night because the fan sucked, and I was hot and sweaty, not to mention, I think there are fleas on the bed! I have all these red, itchy bumps on my shoulder*.. :-( Needless to say, I woke up grumpy and self-righteous.

The Kuta cowboy was right on time, and he came up to with a big grin on his face which slowly faded when he saw the look on my face.

I immediately launched into my spiel about how we weren't going to go out to the beach today, that he wasn't a real surfing instructor and he knew it, yada yada, cayce-on-a-roll-everyone-take-a-step-backwards.. I got pretty emotional at that point and said how I was sick of being ripped off by the Balinese and that this was a sucky island**.

"A sucky island?" he said confusedly, "alright, alright.. ok."

"and one more thing!!... eh? ok?"

"ok, ok..." he said rather shamefacedly, which honestly took some of the wind out of my spiel.. Made me feel rather bad. Especially when I tried to pay him a token amount for yesterday (after all, I did have lots of fun on the boogie board), but he wouldn't take it.

"well, at least, you've proven to be not such a bad character..." I said deflatedly. I was spoiling for a row with him, but like the sales assistants last night, he immediately backed down. These Balinese! Very annoying. Don't even give me the satisfication of arguing with them. Actually, I'm glad that that was just that.

I guess the whole thing yesterday, and possibly today, was just a date thing for him. It's very confusing really because he wasn't completely bad. But he ruined my plans to learn how to surf and I really don't like being taken for a ride.

You know, walking along the beach, I see a lot of attractive, young white women with these Kuta cowboys. It makes me wonder what they see in them because I don't think these Kuta cowboys are the most attractive men on the planet. A lot of them are really goofy-looking, with their badly-dyed blond hair, sometimes with dreadlocks, or used to be in dreadlocks so they have large poufy hair. At least mine wasn't that bad-looking but I'm annoyed at him for trying to make me his girl for the weekend.

And then there's part of me that thinks, and what's so wrong with that? I mean, I'm here to have some fun, why can't I just let go and not be so uptight all the time? What is it about men that make me either pissed off or run away?

This evening, this really cute Balinese guy (NOT a Kuta cowboy! He's a wedding photographer and was only there on the beach to boogie board) started to chat me up. Then the inevitable, "what are you doing tonight?" came up and guess what I did? I mumbled something and left. Honestly. What's wrong with me. Even just for a fun night's out with a cute guy, I run away. And so here I am in an internet cafe writing all this down, for a bunch of strangers to read. I am really the lamest of the lame.

On a bright note, I wore a really cute bikini on the beach today (that's when the cute Balinese guy chatted me up - hee). And this cute Polynesian (MARITA! POLYNESIAN!!!) guy flirted with me when i was checking out bikinis in a stall (err.. I also ran away afterwards). And an update on the whole boutique rip-off, I got a fast reply from them and they wanted to meet up with me this Monday. No go lah, I'm leaving tomorrow. TOMORROW!!

Ok, ok, I know the last couple of Bali entries from me haven't been on the positive side but the crazy part is that I think I do want to come back here again. Next time, for a PROPER surfing lesson. The short taste I had of it yesterday was addictive. I really want to learn - invest in 3-days or 5-days lessons even!! With a different surf school, of course! I also loved the losmen in Ubud so I want to go back again and visit the family. As well, I've never perved so much in my life for the past two?three? days.. in Kuta I wanna perve somemore. GIMME PERVIN'!!!


*changed inns, where I'm really happy with the inn I'm staying tonight. Only 15,000Rp more than what I was paying previously and it has TWO swimming pools AND a real fan! Hopefully no fleas tonight.

**nah, i don't really think Bali is a sucky island. It may have its irritating points but it's still a fascinating island. And I do love the beach in Kuta!!

3 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey cayce
Some piece of mind you gave the cowboy! haa! I don't think you're being uptight - just being safe. Trust your instincts.

Fly
http://fly-or-die.blogspot.com

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI CAYCE, I THINK YOU ARE THE TYPICAL WHITE BITCH WHO THINKS HER SHIT DONT STINK AN ALL YOU FREAKIN WHITE CUNTS SHOULD LOOK IN THE MIRROR AN REALIZE THAT ASIAN WOMEN AN MEN ARE FAR MORE ATTRACTIVE THEN YOU STUPID AN PREJUDICED HO-BAGS !!! ALL OF YOU WHITE WOMEN NEED TO GO BACK TO YOUR OWN COUNTRIES AN SETTLE DOWN W/ YOUR STUPID AN PLAIN LOOKING WHITE MEN !!! AND STAY NARROW MINDED AS USUAL....LOL ;)

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger dave d said...

kutas a hell hole why anyone would spend a whole trip in bali there is beyond me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home