Thursday, December 09, 2004

Big night tonight (I don't get out much)

I have to attend this Filipino cultural dinner in a couple of hours and I still haven't decided what to wear:

It's either

a) black tube dress
b) red halter-top dress, with low back
c) see-through black lacey kebaya top, with a black tube top underneath; and fitting sarong

I'm leaning more towards a) and b) because I've either worn a) once and b) not all. Too many hiau clothes, not enough hiau nights. I tend not to go out much, especially for events like this. And I will wear high heels and might even put on makeup!

My mom's been excited of tonight for months: she's in the choir and she's modeling for the event/dinner.. Awww.... how can I not go? (Despite the thirty-ringgit ticket, which I complained and said, that since I'm only half-Filipino, I should only pay half; my mom countered that I should pay double for the privilege – cheeky, really)

She initially wanted me to wear the traditional Pinoy dress, puffed sleeves and all. I thought, "well, it's not so bad, I guess..." until she pulls out this LOUD. YELLOW. outfit. I put it on, and I'm practically Tweety. No way, Jose.

I guess tonight would be good for me, considering that I’ve been hermitting for a long while. It’d do me good to get out of the cave, and see people not related to me. Good opportunity too to take lots of interesting portrait photographs, other than my pets (but you love 'em, right?).

Dan’s coming, and hopefully Marita, if she’s feeling any better.


9 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lazy to sign in.

Have fun! And take pictures.


~ bertha

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger superkumquat said...

take lots of photos! i wanna see! wear the red halter dress. show lots of skin! hee hee hee but i hope you have better luck this time :-p then again, since dan is there i'm sure there'll be less 'suitors'.

argh! tonight is everyone's BNO! andy was at the Coach launch cocktail party. what i would give to be in the presence of those pretty, pretty bags. and the finger food. *sighs*

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Cayce said...

bertha: i took a lot of crap photos. :-( my camera's best when it's outdoors (yeah, basically saying that i still haven't learnt how to use my camera properly when it's indoors!)

froot: sorrylah, ended up with the black dress. i realized that i didn't really have the right bag for the red dress. Don't forget our own BNO when you get back! (let's have lots! heeee)

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger cabiria said...

what's a BNO?

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

BNO = Big Night Out

We have our own BNO planned, Lets! ;-)

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger superkumquat said...

as long as it was a dress that showed plenty of monkey skin :-p hee hee hee. can't wait till i go on vacation. two more weeks and i'll be home for christmas! *bounces away*

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was going to ask you how you enjoyed your dinner, but then we spoke on the phone and I asked you already. But I'm going to ask again just because I like bugging you. So....
DID YOU HAVE A GOOD TIME?

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger cabiria said...

oh. I am so in need of a good BNO...

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Cayce said...

froot: well, there was some monkey skin on display but I was also wearing a light blue shawl with it so.. not so hiau, hiau lah!

marita: it was an.. interesting event.

Lets: definitely looking forward to your visit!! lots to talk about!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home