Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Possibly an entry why you wouldn't want to date me

I'm getting really tired of the cutesy cat & puppy pictures so it's time for a new blog entry. Note to self: get out more and photograph anything else other than my pets.

I'm still working away on my trip entries but it's taking so long; the entry just keeps going and going and going.. and I can't get myself to stop. So it'd be a while before that gets posted.

I had another idea for a blog entry, inspired by deluded men who think I might be a good catch. You see, I started wondering a while ago, why we (female singles) go on and on about the lack of good, available men in town, when maybe, just possibly, the problem might be us. Ok, fine, just me, then. Everyone happy? Ok, then.

So I started thinking of the numerous reasons why I won't make a good girlfriend, based on my previous relationships and overall personality. And like my trip entry, the reasons just kept on going and going (no.17: I overthink). Don't get me wrong, I still think I'm a pretty swell person, but perhaps you wouldn't want to date me.

In some way, it was pretty liberating making the list because as Dan said, "it doesn't matter where you are! You take your issues everywhere!" Yippee!

I recently told a good friend about my blog entry idea. She thought it was a good idea, and joked, "and I'd add to the list too!" That kinda worried me because she happens to be the nicest person in the group, who always makes a point to say positive things all the time. And if SHE wanted to add to the list, well, maybe I'd be opening a can of worms where EVERYONE ELSE would want to add to the list (no.11: Paranoia is my best friend). I mean, hey. I have feelings too (no. 2: So sensitive), I can't be all that bad, can I?

So maybe I'd write that entry one day, maybe I won't (no. 8: Sometimes, I just can't make up my mind).

5 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Blogger Chet said...

>> I'm still working away on my trip entries but it's taking so long; the entry just keeps going and going and going.. and I can't get myself to stop. So it'd be a while before that gets posted.

Sounds like you're doing one long entry. Why not break it up into smaller entries, according to dates or something? Then you'll have a series, and your readers will have something to look forward to.

BTW, came here from Black Paper, Silver Ink.

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Bertha said...

Two words: nobody's perfect! :)

Sometimes it's not about something is wrong with us or the male population (regardless of place), it's about perception and expectations. Having expectations of someone is unavoidable, I'd grant you that, but once these expectations become too much, it gets to the point of ridiculity.

And don't have to be paranoid, I won't add on your list should you ever decide to post it. Relationships (and that includes friendship) is about learning how to live with the other person through good AND bad. I'd much rather learn it through communicating with the other person than through a list, which to me is pointless. Too Stepford Wives-ian for me.

But that's just my opinion anyway. And re: trip entries, serialise them. :)

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Cayce said...

chet: thanks for the suggestion and comment, and.. welcome! :-)

daniel: hmmm.... i think there is only so much i should give attention to my neuroses!!

bertha: what a very sensible, and kind comment! thanks!! :-) *hugs* (p/s love the stedford wives comment)

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger superkumquat said...

i think bertha's comment is very true. once you let unrealistic expectations into the whole picture it really screws up a lot of the relationship's dynamics.

i would like to see the list though because it'd be interesting to see how one sees oneself. and i wouldn't add to it, seriously.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

uh oh - is only wanting to date a seasoned field biologist, with a Ph.D and numerous international publications, who's hot & sexy and a man's man with a strong dash of McGyverish, must be tall and not sappy, short hair, with a great sense of humour, preferrably looks like Vaughn or Will from Alias but that's ok, it's negotiable, must know how to cook, and clean after himself, - an unrealistic expectation? :-P probably yeah, from where I am right now.. *sobs*

well, if i were to write a list of my shortcomings - it'd prolly come with lots of disclaimers.. and maybe make into a "no-comment" entry. he he hee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home