Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Save me!

My first-aid instructor is so un-PC that it’s funny. Yet he’s not offensively racist or sexist. The things that he says are definitely inappropriate but it’s the innocent way that he says it that makes the situation harmless. It’s rather funny how the women laugh much harder at the bawdy jokes compared to the men, who look slightly uncomfortable. I think it’s rather sweet how the men react. But then, they’re all nice guys anyway.

So far, I’ve learnt the Heimlich maneuver, and CPR, amongst various things. Feel free to choke or stop breathing around me; I’m eager to put what I know into practice. I’m a professional. I’ve watched countless of Baywatch episodes.

Tomorrow, the instructor promised us rescue by abseiling and by gosh, I hope he doesn’t go back on his promise. I just know that I’d have to save your sorry ass from the ravine one day.


* * * * * * *

Have you cared for your introvert lately??

After reading the article, I think I understand some people better. While I don't really see myself at the article, I don't think I'm an extrovert either, from the way the author describes them. People do energize me (ok, barring the ah bengs from the speed-dating experience - omigod! I paid good money to talk to ah bengs!!) but I don't "wilt or fade when left alone". I too do need alone time but not necessarily after social events - if anything, they often make me more hyper afterwards. Small talk isn't an effort for me, but I'm not always chatty either. I do like meeting new people, especially if they seem interesting. I know there's an online test somewhere for introverts/extroverts but I can't be bothered to figure out which label I belong to. I know who I am - I'm me.


* * * * * * * *

Feeling bummed that Char has discontinued her blog: to slap the beautiful. She always had some of the most interesting links... Here's to hoping she'd be back online again.

* * * * * * * *

50 Most Loathsome People in America, 2004. Tee hee to No. 41 and I thought No. 3 was an interesting choice.

* * * * * * * *

I thought those people looked familiar. Although, I don't think they would be very happy with having their wedding photos online, with their names in bold (oh maybe they do - I actually don't really care). Malay weddings look amazing however. and Malay guys in their traditional garb are so hawwwt.

5 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Cayce :) Will let you know.
I am similarly entertained w/ your tales of lost elephants and awkward encounters. Cheers

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Fantasy "Sticky" Flier said...

An actor in an introvert's body...
Thanks!!! for a really enlightening article
I'm an introvert! I'm an introvert! Yippee

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Cayce said...

Thanks for dropping a note, Char - it'd be nice to meet you one day. :-)

Fantasyflier, good to know that I helped out. ;-)

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Nick-ed@keksilang said...

I have no idea on what to say about this post but i did find the 'Heimlich' tickling my funny bones(I know its serious stuff but i cant help it!)

anyways, i was grining endlessly when i saw "keksilang" on your list of links.
Hehe. Brings back memories why i chose that.
Thanks. ;)

 
At 3:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey cayce - yes i won't be completely surprised if we did run into each other someday :) - char

 

Post a Comment

<< Home