Tuesday, February 15, 2005

This is for Lets


Jihem
Originally uploaded by miss cayce.




He owns a coconut farm, that leads to the beach in Sematan. He also rears goats (all thirty of them!). When my friend, Lets, was visiting the area, he took her around on his bike to show her the local sights.

Ah, Lets.. she had some interesting moments here (he he). My dad tried to match-make her with a pig farmer who was at least 50 years old!! (Actually, he's a retired police officer, who keeps pigs in one of his properties - Lets, he's got property!!)

"but he's younger than me!"

Dad, you're at least 60. Making comments like "he's younger than me" don't count anymore. Sorry. And what's the idea fixing up my friend with YOUR friend? EEeeeeee..

He was really disappointed that it didn't work out (DUH). Myself, I was so mortified when I found out and profusely apologized to Lets. Thankfully, she saw the funny side of it and laughed the whole thing off. I think my dad liked Lets a lot that he wanted her to stay - awww!!..


(but a 50 year old pig farmer, Dad???)

7 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Blogger Nick-ed@keksilang said...

you put s picture of a man scratching his ketiak.............

wha.....?

*perplexed, mortified look,i think*

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

Is he? Aiyah!

You're supposed to be looking at the well-worn character of his face anyhow!

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Nick-ed@keksilang said...

the facial expression caught my eye first, then the scratching got my attention....

Where is this, if I may know? Because I find the coconut trees and the mountain seemed vaguely familiar.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

It's Sematan, yet again!

We actually camped on his land. He had running water - plus!

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Nick-ed@keksilang said...

Oh! Okay, another proof that my minds needs rewiring.

Your dad, match-making your friend?
*blink blink, stoned face*

Oh great. Looks like I'll be heading that direction since there's only 4 more years till my parents starts asking about gf issue WAIT! They already are!

Added one more item in todo-list-before-i-leave-this-earth:
outdoor overnight camping!
heeeeeee..........

 
At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the memories! you forgot to mention that my match fed his pig with maggi mee. I have pictures of that and of the beach in front the coconut farm, havent developed them yet.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Cayce said...

How could I forget that, Lets???

Ahh.. the maggie-mee eating pigs.. Just a finishing touch to the man of your dreams. lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home