Saturday, March 19, 2005

Gimme a break!

Gah! I'm so irritated at today's headlines in the local newspapers.. We, Malaysians, can be so easily impressed sometimes, with titles, awards, and obscure international recognition. But what have we really achieved? Anything meaningful? I don't think so. People don't always believe what they read in the newspapers, do they? It scares me that a lot of them do.

I met my boss today at the office (non-working Saturday but we both had work to finish off) and we had a friendly chat, which veered towards a colleague who, how shall we say, is a little on the high-strung end.

"He needs a girlfriend... do you think you could be interested in him?"

Hmm, lemme think about it - NO.

NO.

NO.

Hi, meet my boss/match-maker. This ain't the first time he's tried to set me up with fellow colleagues. Get me outta here.

4 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Malaysia have the tallest KLCC tower mah. I think this also consider a bit achievement one.

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

sativa: personal matchmaker, ok lah. As long as he actually comes up with desirable candidates! :P

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Cayce said...

mrkiasu: i love that it took you (great name!) to point that out. ;-)

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Nick-ed@keksilang said...

do you think you could be interested in him?

Lame-est. Question. Ever.

I feel sorry for the local male population here, me included, being dumped and all.

Will stop now before i digress any further.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home