Thursday, March 10, 2005

Whatta feet!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



These aren't my feet - they belong to my colleague. I took advantage of her morning-care ritual, which meant bending over.. The host Penan family had burst into laughter because they thought I was taking a photo of her butt. Now, why would I do a crazy thing like that?? Hee..

I haven't written much here, have I? There are still the stories from the Baram, which probably end up being a story from the Baram. Coming soon, as they all say...

It's been a crazy week: I was sick and achey before I got better over the weekend. I've been having work-anxiety dreams that carried over to real-time. I spent too much money on the Popular booksale (I think I bought a total of nine books - hee. Some of the loot were for my sister and the two Penan girls). I got all these weird calls and smses from Mandarin-speaking folks. I yelled at one of them for calling so repeatedly but he didn't understand me. For some reason, we've been eating a lot of Indian food this week but I'm not complaining! My sister turned 31 last Friday. I asked her what she wanted, and she replied, "a miracle".

"Bath salts, maybe?"

And oh, I wrote an angry note to the driver of a car that was illegally parked and made my reversing extremely difficult:

"Dear Inconsiderate Idiot,

Is your ass too large to park in the proper parking space??"


Friends later commented, "let's hope that they understand English!"

Bah, at least I felt better writing that note.

6 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger Cayce said...

*hugs*

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Nick-ed@keksilang said...

Ooh! New evil ideas for Bright Yellow Sticky Notes!

*Malicious Grins*

Heeee........

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger q said...

here, get one of this:

http://www.iparklikeanidiot.com/

;-)

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hi, I have a question, when you guys were in the forest and lets say you need to take a leak or dodo, do you say some phrase to avoid offending the spirits ? Since you grew up in Swak, you may know the rules of the forest already, but did you advise your foreign counter parts to do so ? I am just curious.We never did.

 
At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49503037845@N01/6286069

i really like this picture. i have ears that are stretched out like that but nowhere near that big.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Cayce said...

q: i love it!!

cooknengr: Sometimes, I do say my apologies whenever I go to the loo in the forest but sometimes I just can't be bothered. :-D To be honest, I'm more afraid of people than spirits. And yea, I don't bother advising foreigners to follow suit.

julien: thanks for your kind comments! I would be interested to see a photo of your ears. :-D

Quixotic cat: what a sweet thing to say! Thanks! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home