Sunday, April 10, 2005

on disgusting, slimy, corrupt Malaysian police!

I just wanted to say how much I frickkin hate the Malaysian police.

They harass me at checkpoints (on my way to work) yet ignore all the obviously illegal timber passing their way. One tried to hit me with a bribe but chickened out when he found out who I was.

Yesterday, I had to go to two police stations to report what possibly could have been a crime (I don’t think so but my family got paranoid). Well, the cop that I had to deal with in the first police station was ok but got lost in translation with me. Luckily, Dee was with me and helped out lots.

Then he sent us to the main police station where we had to talk to an investigative police officer. Fine, we set off.

When we got there, they told us to go to “Block C”. Block C was a whiles away from the main entrance and while we walked to Block C, stupid local men (police!!!!!!!!!!) heckled us as we walked past.

Why are men so stupid? Do you think you sound intelligent when you call out to random girls? Because you don’t, you fucking pigs – whatever religion you are. You’re still PIGS.

Oink. Oink.

Arrived at Block C, another police dude looked at our statement and told us to go to the third floor. We were initially told second floor, but when we got there, no one was around. Got to third floor, not much people either. So we ended up in an office that didn’t look much of an office at the end of the corridor, with the tv blaring..

I did not have a good feeling when I saw the police investigator. He didn’t look professional, and he had bad misshapen teeth. The way he looked at the both of us was completely disgusting. I wanted to bolt away from the office but where would we go? Apparently, no one was in the offices that day. Probably lazing about, hitting for bribes.

He was disgusting – I hated him. He even licked his lips! He asked all these personal questions that I still feel were irrelevant. He was sleazy to the core and I wanted to kick him in the balls so bad. Dee admitted later that she felt like running out of the office, but wondered about how safe we really were in creepy Block C.

I made the mistake of telling him that I was going to be alone in the house that night and he then said that he couldn’t come to the house to take photos, do his stupid investigation in the afternoon because he was too busy. Therefore, he had to come at night, which was after his working hours (he admitted).

I was like, no way! If you can’t come this afternoon, come the next day.

“Oh, I don’t work on Sundays.”

His sleaze continued on until I lost my patience and got angry. It showed. I’m not the most pleasant person to be around when I’m angry. It’s not “cute” either. When I get angry, you go head for the hills like there’s a tsunami coming. He was bloody lucky because I was only on level 2 of showing my anger. The only reason why I didn’t completely lose my temper was that Dee was right there. She was a comforting presence and I didn’t want her to be implicated with whatever the consequences of losing my temper would be.

But apparently, showing some of my anger was enough for him to realize that I wasn’t going to just roll over and let him continue to bully me. He changed his mind and said that he could come this afternoon, in fact – right now, after finishing my statement. Fucking lying pig.

Bleh, just writing this down is getting me all worked up but believe me, I had gotten over it.

But you know, who would have thought that going to the police would make me feel more unsafe? I brushed aside my family’s concerns, I told them that I would be alright and I didn’t need anyone to stay with me. But after meeting Mr. Sleazeball with Bad Teeth, I panicked. He knew where I was staying. He knew that I was going to be alone that night. He even said that he wanted to come at night. I was freaking out.

Luckily, my sis sent her guy friend over to check things out and he was there when that Pig arrived. I felt much better when the Pig came with a driver and a photographer. Although at first, they refused to come out of the car until I locked the dogs in. Ha ha! They were afraid of my dogs! Yeah, I’d sic my dogs on you, you stupid PIG.

Took photos, etc.. He was surprisingly polite but that’s only because K. was there. However, he still did take the opportunity to blatantly stare at my chest. Like I was wearing anything tight! It was just a bloody sleeveless top. Not-getting-any-SMALL-PRICK-PIG-SCARED-OF-LITTLE-DOGS.

I’m fed up of two things:
a) Malaysian police
b) Local men

And yes, they go hand-in-hand because it pisses me of so much that they think that they could do this to women. Whatever improvements we’ve made as a country (tallest buildings in the world – what crap), women here are still treated as second-class citizens. Goodness knows what I've had to put up at fieldwork (rural men are not the most enlightened men!) Dee told me about how her sister had a similar encounter with the police when she had to give her statement. Three hours of harassment from the police, she had to endure before her brother came down to the station and they shaped up. And not forgetting Dee’s own police harassment in KL.

I am pissed off and angry how women are treated in this country, by the police and other stupid local man with Neanderthal brains and tiny pricks.

My family insisted that a family friend stay over, and he was really cool about it. I had to say yes because my mom was freaking out. But then I got frustrated at the thought that a woman can’t stay by herself at night. So unbeknownst to my family, I called him up and tried to convince him not to come. But he insisted, said that it was “his duty”, which was nice and all but still, at the back of my mind, I went AAAAAAaaaaahhhhhh!!!!...

I don’t want to walk down streets with fear; I don’t want to be told that I can’t do a lot of things on my own because “it’s not safe for a woman”. I want to do the things I want, without fear or paranoia. I know perhaps that I am a tad unrealistic and most of my friends (probably rightly) live with a touch of paranoia of what could happen to them simply because they are women. But it feels sad.

Anyway, where do I go with this? If that SmallPrickPig ever comes into my life again, I swear I would officially take action against him.

And if you ever have to encounter a police investigator in Kuching – DO NOT go into the office at the far end of the right corridor on Block C. I know his name too. Avoid this creep at all costs.

But then again, all Malaysian police are sleazebags so God help you if you have to deal with them.

11 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger Vernon said...

I have to agree with you here Cayce. I may be 100% thoroughbred male, but being a corrupt sleazeball is really something else. I have little respect for the police in this country, especially those at roadblocks.

I usually just ask them to summon me on the spot without much questions. Makes it less painful and less annoying.

Of course this is a generalisation, but hey 80% is general enough.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger kennysia said...

I always laugh when I see the police station's tagline that goes "MESRA, CEPAT DAN BETUL"

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

And yet the IGP is wondering out loud about why people hate cops...

Ahhh yes, another cop story. I know some cops myself. Some of them are pretty decent. But since they're not sleaze balls, you won't find them flying a desk unfortunately.

It sucks, but next time you need to go and do a police related thing, bring a guy along. Or if you know a cop personally, call him/her directly.

And if any cop gives you trouble, take note of his number and MAKE SURE HE SEES YOU DOING IT.

A lot of sleazy cops will back down at this.

Also, you just gave me an idea for a post....

 
At 2:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just had a look at the PDRM website. Not very flattering pictures of the Police, they all look like serial gangsters and criminals.

I wonder what the difference is sometimes !!!! LOL

SP

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger mamat said...

Good account of experience, but, excuse my ignorance, why were you there in the first place? Reporting a robbery or anything?

Anyways, hopefully the PDRM would change for the better, with a new government in future.

All the best,
mamatd.

 
At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I were in your shoes, I would pissed off either, Cayce!

*Echoes Kenny* The tagline should goes like this : JAHAT, LAMBAT, SALAH. got it? LOL

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger isradhkakim said...

Hello. I would truly appreciate it if you could also elaborate on the local men part. OK you've explained about the police. What about the 2nd part. I am a "local man" and it really hurts reading what you wrote.

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All this story about fuckin Malaysia police is not suprising me. Lots on sof of the bitches and bitch out there in the police force. Regardless of race. 98% of them are equally corrupt.

 
At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

its sad but it seems like most police in SEAsia are really like that. Here, no one ever goes to the police coz most of the time they are the ones making the trouble, they are the ones doing the kidnapping and such. when will this change? i'm guessing not in the near future.

women here are also second rate citizens. men always get the promotions. especially in the hotel industry where I work, men always have the upperhand. you hardly see any female GMs around. race is also an issue. as long as you're white, you're immediately paid a lot higher.

sad but true.

cecile (1010.typepad.com)

 
At 3:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If only Mr. T was around to give them a present at their doorstep. Perhaps a TNT maybe.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

woah -- what a story...

Thanks for sharing that! Love the X-Files reference -- I am a huge fan of their early seasons.. Cancer man! Ratboy! I just had a conversation on this today!

By the way, hello to those who keeps winding up here on your google search!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home