Monday, May 30, 2005

Minor hypochondriac attack!

My colleague has shingles!! And he actually pulled up his shirt to show us a blistering rash on his back. I had a vague recollection of what shingles were so I asked M. about it. He explained that it was a second outbreak of the chickenpox virus, and that contact with an infected person will not cause shingles.

“Oh, good!”

“Although someone who has never had chicken pox could contract it through contact with a person with shingles.”

“But I’ve never had chickenpox.”

“Whoops!”

Aaaahhhhh!! Why did he have to come to the office today??!? And why did I take a closer look at his nasty rash??? Curiosity gives the cat chickenpox!

I called mum to verify that I haven’t had chickenpox but she doesn’t remember. She thinks that I’ve had the vaccine for it but she’s not too sure.

“Look it up in your baby book.”

“Ok, where is it?”

“I don’t remember.”

This is not helping. In the meantime, I feel kinda itchy all over.

*scratch, scratch*

3 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Blogger Bertha said...

Errr...as far as I remember, there are no vaccinations for chicken pox. Just, remember to drink lots of water and stay away from heaty foods - that helps some. I think.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Dee said...

Hope the shingles don't tag you!Have a good week,girlfriend (definitely minus the shingles,of course).

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

Bertha: thanks for the advice! And yeah, there is a vaccine for chickenpox.

dee m: have a GREAT holiday in KL. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home