Wednesday, June 15, 2005

It ain't Bollywood without a little song & dance

Lunch at the Bollywood cafe on Carpenter Street.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



I would have taken photos of our food but my batteries died on me. We had nasi campur (mixed rice) which is basically white rice + meat + veggies. It comes with soup, papadom and dall (sp? a lentil-based sauce). All that for only RM3. We also had samosas (the best in town) which left us more than a little stuffed! I had wanted to try out the Indian sweets but my stomach was crying out NO!!!.. Next time, definitely!

The owners are really friendly and accomodating. There's even a tv set playing Bollywood music videos. It all adds up to a one-of-kind experience, especially in a town filled with too many bland cafes and lackadaisical service.

3 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger isradhkakim said...

wow rm3 and that much?!

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

oh yeah, and you can ask for extra rice if you wanted (my friend did).

I had nasi campur (RM3) + two samosas (RM1.20 @ 60 sen each) and a fresh lime drink (RM1.30) = RM5.50 only.

Really worth every sen!!

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nostalgia! I liked that place too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home