Friday, July 01, 2005

Beautiful, specific details

Celine, Before Sunset:
"I feel I was never able to forget anyone I've been with. Cuz each person has their own specific qualities. You can never replace anyone. What is lost is lost. Each relationship when it ends really damages me; I never fully recover. That is why I'm very careful with getting involved because it hurts too much. Even getting laid, I actually don't do that because I will miss the person and the most mundane things. Like I'm obsessed with little things. Maybe I'm crazy. But when I was a little girl, my mom told me I was always late to school. One day she followed me to see why. I was looking at chestnuts falling from the trees rolling on the sidewalk, or ants crossing the road, the way a leaf cast a shadow on a tree trunk. Little things. I think it's the same with people. I see in them -- little details, so specific to each of them that move me and that I miss and will always miss. You can never replace anyone because everyone is made of such beautiful specific details."

3 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger Dee said...

wow...poignant and so true

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, i can really relate to this too - char

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

*sigh* you could have some good crying sessions with this movie. lol :D

btw, char - if you're reading this: drop me a line sometime at hornbill_nospam@gmail.com Just wanted to hear your thoughts on a malaysian working abroad.. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home