Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Being completely random

Funny, I seem to have lost my voice for a while. I'm having difficulty putting recent wonderful experiences into words. Although I can't say that I've been trying hard.

Dare I say that my path seems much clearer now? Interesting things have been happening of late and they're falling like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle, illuminating where I should take tentative steps.

Dare I say that I feel happier, more contented but at the same time, guarded? I'm more careful with whom I confide to. And oh, releasing negative emotions surrounding on almost anything is liberating. I have to admit that on some days, it takes more work than other days but I remind myself of the bigger picture (i.e. maintaining inner peace) and I'm glad of almost every moment that passes by.

It's a weird, weird world out there.

Today, I impulsively picked up Sarah Turnbull's "Almost French" in a bookstore during my lunch break. It's a "charming true story of a spirited young woman who finds adventure -- and the love of her life -- in Paris." Dearie me, if it could only happen to me! I'm having a bit of an affair with France at the moment -- I've also bought a couple of French movies but unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to watch them because competition for the tv at home is rather fierce and comes in the form of a barely five foot tall filipina in her 60's (damn those telenovellas and sports specials). I've also been reading blogs based in France. My current new favourite is La Coquette, a young American (but with French roots) living in Paris. She's such a darling, and has an engaging writing style. Do go read her blog.

I love this photo of Joyce and myself. It was taken right after the African dance workshop, where we worked up a sweat. It was loads of fun -- hot, cramped and filled with sexy sweaty people. Hardly any room to dance but danced we did. It felt more like an aerobics workout than a dance workshop however. We also laughed our asses off. I almost poked people's eyes out with my wild flinging arms, and overall wonky body coordination. I'm such a klutz.

I'm in a loss of words once more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home