Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Smack me, I'm grinning like an idiot.

I had to share this because it was special. I did meet someone over the weekend.

We had met at a pool party at around 2 a.m. last Friday night where I had nervously showed up, clad in a bikini and sarong. I had decided at the last minute to join the party, despite the fact that I didn’t know anyone, save for one person. So I was on my own, floating in the pool when I noticed this guy edging towards me. My initial reaction was to move away, and that I did until I gathered my courage, stopped, and tentatively smiled at him.

That simple act led to a fantastic weekend. What can I say. We had these amazing discussions about how to live your life without letting negative emotions control you so much, and about truly living in the moment and not feeling guilty about the tough choices you make.

We also shared some wonderful intimate moments that just make me smile so much whenever I recount them. It was truly a weekend I can’t forget and I don’t regret.

He had asked for my phone number and e-mail address but other than corresponding, I just don’t foresee this developing into something more. He lives in Paris, France for one thing. And that’s ok! It doesn’t matter.

So I’m left with these fond memories, and a smile playing on my lips.

Life certainly surprises you. All you have to do is to allow yourself to be open to new possible experiences, and not have so many expectations.

Hmm, I wonder what’s around the corner.

…………….

Highlights of the Music Fest:
1. Him of course!
2. When this hot asian chica with a ciggie in her hand and lots of attitude tried to crash our conversation, uttering a French phrase to impress him, all he said was, “she speaks French!”, and goes back talking to me. Hee. That's right, hussy! Spot's taken, go away!
3. Drinking in moderation. Had tons of fun last year but it was also nice to attend the workshops without a hangover.
4. Being in the company of my friends and sister. At one point, I was juggling five sets of friends at the same time, which I enjoyed. So many people to talk too!!
5. Dancing manically with Andrea and Joyce.
6. “Amah stepped on my foot!!!” Quote of the year. Not mine. Joyce’s.
7. Spending time with him. Wheee.. It was soooo much fun.
8. The freedom to go wherever I wanted and not having to worry about a posse of friends. However, I really did enjoy spending time/hanging out with J. and A. Those were also very special moments.
9. Him taking the trouble to get me a pass for the ‘secret party’ (read: free beer!). And I had kept him waiting too because I was lying in bed with a very cute guy that I used to have a big crush on.
10. Now, don’t have naughty thoughts. All we did was chat and besides, my sister and friend were in the room too, wondering who the heck this tall Eurasian guy was.
11. Late night pool parties!!
12. Him being told by someone else that I was a very good girl when I was growing up, so ‘properly brought up’. This was of course before I shared fantastic secret kisses with a man I just recently met, at the Malay House about twenty minutes later. I’m such a good girl.
13. OMG. He is such a fantastic kisser. I could just melt, thinking about the time we spent together. He really knew what he was doing. I’m very much interested in European men now. Hee.
14. The discussions we had. They were so timely. It was truly amazing.
15. No angst! No regrets! Just happy happy memories.

4 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

alright! glad to see you've shaken off the black mood ..

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Dee said...

girl,a meetup once you're back from your trip!

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl!

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Cayce said...

hey thanks for the kind words everyone!

Poison, it's definitely not love, that's for sure! :) But yeah, he was a pretty fine kisser.... :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home