Thursday, August 04, 2005

Hooray for Peter Pumpkinhead

There's a lot to be said about civility towards people that you don't necessarily feel friendly or disagree with -- it's just human courtesy and decency. Anyway..

What's beautiful is the amazing friendships I'm rediscovering, the online support and messages that make me smile, e-mails from very cool readers!!.. Arrghh.. I know that I owe some of you worthy e-mails -- I promise to get back to them .. when I get back from the field (I'm leaving tomorrow!).

I've taken up a new activity -- table tennis!! The *thwack, thwack* sounds on the ping-pong board is invigorating. New activity partner/good friend is also awesome.

Great advice for future have been abound of late as well. I'm really excited about next year. Whatever happens, I know that I would welcome the change.

Geez, I'm leaving tomorrow and I still haven't wrote about my recent wonderful skinny-dipping/meditation experience!

Well, here are things to do whilst I'm away:
1. Figure out who owns the fish? (thanks Dee!). Einstein says that 98% of the world's population can't figure it out! I can't believe this statistic though -- it was easier than I thought.

2. Give someone a good snog.

3. Feel the grass with your bare feet, and taste the sun with your skin.

4. Stop procrastinating and go back to work! (ha haaa)

3 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've never truly played Table Tennis until you do a fully stretched out dive for an overhand smash and hit the ground, tearing your pants from waist to knee. Er... not that I've ever done that! :p

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Edward said...

But, but, but... Procrastinating is so much more fun.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Dermot said...

I have to say I love that "fish" puzzle, it's been a long time since I've seen it, I've had to satisfy myself with Su Doku instead to keep my brain going.
I don't think Einstein's theory would be true nowadays but it may not have been far off the truth if you consider when he said it (if indeed he did say it).
So let's say he said it in the 30s, think about how many illiterate people there were in the world, what the level of education was, how many people would have been taught "logic reasoning" and not just practical subjects?

Are these 4 things to do while you're on your field trip or off travelling the world as I hadn't realised that "boys to snog" was a vital requirement for a field trip!

But if it's your list for exploring next year then I think you need to add to it and do more like:
5. Climb a mountain in the middle of the night in order to see sunrise, or perhaps for you in the middle of the day to see the sunset.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home