Monday, August 01, 2005

Rabbit, rabbit!

Interesting -- I've just realized that I'm perfectly coordinated from my bracelets (turquoise and sea-green crystal), to my dress (mixture of these colours) to my flats (sea-green blue).

My favourite new acquisitions are two rocks with painted cute illustrations: one depicts a sleeping blue elephant with long darling eyelashes, the other, a chubby female figure in a bathing suit with the word "swimming" painted alongside her. She too has her eyes closed.. I keep the 'swimming' rock close to my notebook computer, and cradle it whenever I need a break from typing. It's just the right size to be palmed by my right hand. And it feels so cool to the touch..

It's the first day of August! I had a lovely weekend, spent with good company. I have an affinity with sunsets -- my favourite part of the day is always to watch the sunset (this time with Dee). We just have awesome sunsets here in Borneo! A big surprise as well, in which I'm holding a bigger responsibility for something I volunteer for. Tis all good, I like the challenge to do something worthwhile for the society.

Bit of a girly moment right now! I must indulge... I bought this beautiful fitting knee-length dress made out of organza silk from Vietnam last weekend. I initially wanted the black one because it looked more versatile. Could totally envision myself in this dress, sipping coffee in a sidewalk cafe in a cosmopolitan city, chatting with a good friend, and discretely people-watching of course. But I am very particular when it comes to new dresses and it had a bit of a stain. Too bad! So I got the red organza dress instead, which is a nice subdued colour. None of those screaming Chinese New Year colours. It was a happy moment when I slipped it on and it fitted *perfectly* and was in a nice ego-boosting size medium.

I'm so happy -- I now have a larger cubicle with *two* large windows. I can see blue skies!! Productivity is peaking, I feel it.

First of August! Did you remember to say 'white rabbit'??

7 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Blogger Edward said...

What is this "White Rabbit" that you speak of?

Are you talking about Carroll, Jefferson Airplane, or "The Matrix". I feel like I am missing everything. Please enlighten me, or should I just assume the hookah smoking caterpillar has given you the call?

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

You can read more about the White Rabbit Theory here, or there and even over there (explains it best, I think).

Lately, I do think that the hookah smoking caterpillar has given me a call.. but whatever works to keep me happy and contented and sane! I'm all for it!


p/s Alice in Wonderland is one of my all-time favourite children's story! I loved the book (my dad gave me the entire series, hard-cover bound when I was a kid), and the Disney cartoon.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

oh blah, I should just explain it here!

If you want good luck for an entire month, then say 'white rabbit' or 'rabbit, rabbit' on the 1st day of the month (it should be the first words that you utter when you wake up). Its origins stem from England, apparently.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Edward said...

How could I have missed this?!?!?! It certainly explains a lot about attaining my recent status as an official big fat loser. I can't wait until September!

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Edward said...

Am I listening the Hookah Smoking Caterpillar or do the photos on the sidebar of your blog continuosly change? I haven't studied them in detail, but I am a trained observer and they seem different. *scratching head*

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Edward said...

And yet... two of them are very much the same, though I could swear they were in a different position last time. The tattoo guy was on the very bottom, I know he was. And the funky legged green frog (technical name) was nearer the top.

You do have a real knack for photography, btw. The subject matter is always interesting and the imagery is very evocative.

I think now that you should ignore this post. Its probably a function of the flickr account. It probably randomly cycles through pictures you have available. Ignore me. I'm quite mad.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Cayce said...

*warily watches from a distance..

i'm kidding! thanks for the compliments! There is definitely much needed improvement in my photography but it makes me happy that people like my photos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home