Monday, September 19, 2005

Sevenses

It's been a very good stay in town since I've gotten back. Slow in updating because, well, life's been in the way.

Got this meme from Daniel.


Seven things I want to do before I die:
1. To watch the sunset and sunrise at Angkor Wat.
2. Navigate my way through Latin America long enough that leaves me proficient in Spanish.
3. Drive a Vespa around the foothills of Italy or Spain.
4. Send my parents on a European trip.
5. Build a small house with an outdoor bathroom on a large forested land with a clear stream.
6. Learn how to operate a manual camera.
7. Have a passionate, yet short-lived romance in Europe.


Seven things I can do now:
1. Build a fire
2. Identify hornbills by their calls
3. Able to distinguish an orang utan nest from a pile of branches
4. Drive a manual/drive long-distances on bumpy roads
5. Type really fast without looking at the keyboard
6. Lead a team of men in a language that is not my mother tongue
7. Able to say, "I'm sorry" and mean it


Seven things I cannot do:
1. Watch horror movies
2. Parallel park
3. Braid my hair
4. Keep my cool when people mistreat animals in front of me
5. Forgive the backstabbers (i.e. people who blab your secrets to others or smear your name because they feel maligned for some reason) and awful people who have treated me or my loved ones badly
6. Forget how people have made me feel (both positively or negatively)
7. Embellish my work receipt claims because I've got unexplained missing funds [it seriously bothers me when others do this -- it's your own fucking fault for mismanaging your advance money -- this is equivalent to STEALING]


Seven things that attract me to the opposite sex:
1. Honesty
2. Kindness
3. Self-confidence
4. Well-read
5. Intelligent
6. Quirky
7. Hot ass


Seven celebrity crushes:
1. Colin Firth's Mr Darcy in BBC's adapatation of Pride & Prejudice
2. Colin Firth's character in Love AlwaysKeanu Reeves!
3. Alejandro Sanz
4. Orlando Bloom
5. Antonio Banderas
6. Johnny Depp
7. Neil Gaiman


Seven things I say most often:
1. "Crap!"
2. "I'm hungry"
3. "Oh God"
4. "Bisik medak sarang?" [can you see a nest?]
5. "Mupok" [Let's go]
6. "Jalai berlubah-lubah" [Walk slowly]
7. "Anang guai!" [hold on!]"

7 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised one of your seven "things I say most often" wasn't: Look at what Pumba's doing!

 
At 1:58 AM, Blogger Dermot said...

I like the way you sneaked in "hot ass" almost as if it was an after thought.....

Colin Firth twice - there's no hope for you at all.... and Orlando Bloom too (I presume preferably with pointy ears....). Neil Gaiman and Johnny Depp are really the only redeeming ones there!

And as for the seven things to do before you die:
1. Why haven't you done this already, it's so close and easy to get to?
6. That's easy, if you're ever in the same country as me sometime in the next 60 years I'll show you.
7. And this will be happening during 3?

 
At 2:16 AM, Blogger Edward said...

One question: Could number 7 be amended to be Paris specifically?

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Cayce said...

Daniel: that's only when I have an audience. But crap! You're right in a way, one of my most often said phrases is "I wonder what Pumba is doing right now." I need help.

dermot: Hot ass, yeahh..
1. [Well, I thought I should sneak something in that I know that I can do in the near future -- good call!]
6. [Cool!]
7. hmm... I've never done it on a Vespa....

Eduardo:
I thought it best to cast the net as far as I could as to ascertain that it would happen.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Dee said...

Alejandro Sanz-->faints.Heh

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Cayce said...

Tee hee..

How about.. riding on a Vespa with Alejandro Sanz in Spain, while taking photos on my manual camera, and having a hot, short-lived romance with him???

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger superkumquat said...

How about.. riding on a Vespa with Alejandro Sanz in Spain, while taking photos on my manual camera, and having a hot, short-lived romance with him???

Well, may as well go all the way, right? :-p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home