Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Sunday brunch in a sleepy town called Siniawan

I recently bought a secondhand Minolta Dynax 300si (SLR) camera for only RM100 (25 american dollars) from my boss. He immediately offered to me when he heard that I was interested in getting an SLR camera. I love the feel of it and the fun of manual focusing (alas, it's not a complete manual camera).

Last weekend, my sister and her professional photographer friend took me out on a photography session. I learnt basic stuff like, how to hold a camera properly. :P We later had lunch at Siniawan, a sleepy town (could it even be called a town? It only had two shophouse lots), where I took the below photos, using my digital camera of course. I haven't developed my film yet.

My sis reckons that I'd become a better photographer because developing black film is rather expensive. :P


The Photographer Friend
Local boys hanging out
Fried Beehoon (it was pretty good)
Do Not Spit Please!
Brightly coloured fan

5 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger Dermot said...

I had been wondering about the desire to learn about manual cameras but it's all clear now!

The big advantage of digital is the immediacy of the pictures, when i go travelling I never know how good or bad my shots are until I get back home.

This is a good and bad thing, good because it makes me stop and think, plan a picture, see if there is a better aspect or view, it slows down the snapping speed, every shot counts and bad because if even after all this thinking I still take a bad shot I won't know until I get back home when it's too late to go back and get another one!

The ideal is, something I've been considering doing for a while now, is to take test shots with your digital and then set up the real picture.

Next time go out without your digital.....

 
At 2:30 AM, Blogger Edward said...

Can I just say that I am intrigued and somewhat frightened by the "DO NOT SPIT" sign?

 
At 2:30 AM, Blogger Edward said...

Can I just say that I am intrigued and somewhat frightened by the "DO NOT SPIT" sign?

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Cayce said...

Dermot:
digital cameras = instant gratification!
I'm very glad for my digital camera but yeah, it could make you very lazy. I was so excited about the new camera that I have to admit, I didn't quite stop and think "how could I make this shot worthwhile?" I just clicked, and clicked, and clicked..

Darren:
It's very exciting, isn't it? I'm not sure about posting my first batch of photos just yet -- I predict a lot of black photos. We were in a cave. he he hehe..

Cool photo by the way! HK looks just like Singapore! :P

Eduardo:
I'm frightened by the little spittons underneath the table when the "Do Not Spit" sign is absent.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger @ロウ 。LOW@ said...

What's in the cup? Would be nice if you can share some photography theories, hehe...
I like you Iban experience, do they need volunteers? Any contact that might linked-up to them?
Happy photo bugging! :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home