Monday, October 24, 2005

I dreamed of Africa

Yumm.. nothing beats like an impromptu ice cream party at the office. I had the choice between corn ice cream or durian ice cream -- I opted for the former.

Life has been crazy lately but good. Today was especially a very good day. I think part of it has got to be the great weather we've having right now. **It's not raining!!**

Soo.. I'm heading to Africa next year. :) Uganda, more specifically. I'd be turning 30 in Africa!! It's really freaking amazing. Right now, it feels rather surreal. Perhaps when I finally have the airline ticket in my hand that it would feel so so real.

I want to travel more around the continent if I'm granted enough time off from work.. but I feel like a kid in a candy store -- where would I visit and for how long??

I'd love to travel to Madagascar for its lemurs. Ethiopia for its breath-taking beauty.. Heck, I'm even considering Egypt! or Morocco.. South Africa... perhaps Capetown? Aaahh.. it's just too huge to take it all in. Gotta work on how much time I have first, and then narrow it down from there. I also *gotta* see the gorillas in the wild if I'm lucky.

I'm having one of those 'world is my oyster' moments although I never did quite get what that really meant.

7 Comments:

At 2:20 AM, Blogger Edward said...

Wow! That is huge for you. Sounds like the world *is* your oyster. In other words, it gives up its pearl (treasure) to you. Once you have the oyster in your hand, its really a very little matter to take its pearl away. The hard part is getting the oyster in the first place.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Cayce said...

aaaahhh.... thanks. :)

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

lol darren!

oh, i recently changed that -- so no wonder you just noticed it. :)

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger @ロウ 。LOW@ said...

Bring few more BATA with you then :) Africa is the ultimate destination, conservation or vacation! Wish you luck then! Hope to see more post for there :)

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

LOW: yeah, no more TEVAs for me!

Darren: actually, I find that surprising because I figure that most of our generation type kids would be into MP or at least Kids in the Hall. :P

I was really big on the Red Dwarf when I was in uni. Fawlty Towers, etc..

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger Dermot said...

Have just been reading about Gabon and it sounds like just the type of place to add to your Africa list - 35,000 western lowland gorillas, black colubus, moustached and endemic sun-tailed monkeys - a bit boring really, all them monkeys and it gets worse, over 10% of the country is dedicated national park and the gevernment has a very strong conservation ethos - you'd hate it!

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

It sounds horrible!

I must go!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home