Monday, October 24, 2005

I dreamed of Africa

Yumm.. nothing beats like an impromptu ice cream party at the office. I had the choice between corn ice cream or durian ice cream -- I opted for the former.

Life has been crazy lately but good. Today was especially a very good day. I think part of it has got to be the great weather we've having right now. **It's not raining!!**

Soo.. I'm heading to Africa next year. :) Uganda, more specifically. I'd be turning 30 in Africa!! It's really freaking amazing. Right now, it feels rather surreal. Perhaps when I finally have the airline ticket in my hand that it would feel so so real.

I want to travel more around the continent if I'm granted enough time off from work.. but I feel like a kid in a candy store -- where would I visit and for how long??

I'd love to travel to Madagascar for its lemurs. Ethiopia for its breath-taking beauty.. Heck, I'm even considering Egypt! or Morocco.. South Africa... perhaps Capetown? Aaahh.. it's just too huge to take it all in. Gotta work on how much time I have first, and then narrow it down from there. I also *gotta* see the gorillas in the wild if I'm lucky.

I'm having one of those 'world is my oyster' moments although I never did quite get what that really meant.

10 Comments:

At 2:20 AM, Blogger Eduardo said...

Wow! That is huge for you. Sounds like the world *is* your oyster. In other words, it gives up its pearl (treasure) to you. Once you have the oyster in your hand, its really a very little matter to take its pearl away. The hard part is getting the oyster in the first place.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Cayce said...

aaaahhh.... thanks. :)

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Eduardo said...

Oh..

my...

gawddd....

I JUST realized what your blog title is...

Looks like our chief weapon really IS surprise! Surprise and fear... fear...and surprise! Our two weapons are fear and surprise. And rushless efficiency... our THREE...........

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

lol darren!

oh, i recently changed that -- so no wonder you just noticed it. :)

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger @ロウ 。LOW@ said...

Bring few more BATA with you then :) Africa is the ultimate destination, conservation or vacation! Wish you luck then! Hope to see more post for there :)

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Eduardo said...

You have no idea how excited I get when it comes to MP. I think that was my EXACT msn name mere days before!

Alas, the members on that list are far too uncultured to know what it meant, so I'm left sitting at my computer laughing as the skit plays out in my mind.

*sigh*

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

LOW: yeah, no more TEVAs for me!

Darren: actually, I find that surprising because I figure that most of our generation type kids would be into MP or at least Kids in the Hall. :P

I was really big on the Red Dwarf when I was in uni. Fawlty Towers, etc..

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger Dermot said...

Have just been reading about Gabon and it sounds like just the type of place to add to your Africa list - 35,000 western lowland gorillas, black colubus, moustached and endemic sun-tailed monkeys - a bit boring really, all them monkeys and it gets worse, over 10% of the country is dedicated national park and the gevernment has a very strong conservation ethos - you'd hate it!

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

It sounds horrible!

I must go!!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Eduardo said...

Wow...

you're making me feel like a little kid now. I had NEVER heard of Red Dwarf before!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home