Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Looking on the bright side of life

Ah crap! I forgot to go to court today... Whoops.

And in other news, I got my laptop, wallet and handphone stolen last week, yada yada.

I also visited a bomoh! That was really weird yet very interesting. Yikes, I could barely watch when he started cutting himself. But I liked the guy. And his gangster-like helpers. They were very funny. Yeah, a bloggable post on its very own.

I am smiling because things could have been worse, and it hasn't.

It was very sad to lose a lot of information on the laptop but all work stuff is recoverable. Everything else, well, it doesn't matter because I'm still here. I ended up getting a newer, faster, better laptop. And a LV wallet (from mom). Sis offered to help buy me a phone. Yea, yea.. material things but things could have been worse. I'd have to replace them myself! And oh, yeah, I could have been hurt.

Every experience, good or bad, is worth it because you learn so much about yourself and even other people, and how to deal with it. And you move on. Nothing you can do but move on. Of course, I went through a period of "what if, I should have done this, all Malay men are thieves.." but it's so futile because it's already in the past and you can't change it.

People have been very kind to me, and I really appreciate it. So as dumb as it may seem, I do feel like I came out of this very very lucky.

Oh, this song made me laugh out loud. Thanks Darren!

5 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a relief! Hope your doing good.

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell us more about the bomoh.
With a science background do you believe in such thing ?

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Edward said...

Forgot to go to court? Were you a defendant?

 
At 4:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See you in Kuching, 2 weeks time


SP

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! I'd probably sulk for a week or two if I lost those things. I'd hate losing jars of precious information. Good thing yours are recoverable.

Anyway, hello hello hello! I missed posting comments here. :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home