Monday, February 20, 2006

Garden Village Guesthouse, Siem Reap

Photos of [one of my] accomodations in Siem Reap. It's a great location, beautiful views.. ten minute walk only on a quiet dirt road to the Old Market (and where a lot of restaurants are located). A large room for only USD7 (check out previous post for photo of room). Pity about the staff though.

Balcony View
Balcony view

View from my window
Window view

Friendly cat that kept me company
Friendly kitty

View from my balcony
Siem Reap rice paddy


I'd take a break from temple sight-seeing, have lunch near the Old Market, and head back for a little R&R, gazing out towards the ricefield. That part reminded me of Ubud. I'd then head back to the temples to catch the sunrise.

I have one month off this year and I can't decide where to go! Laos/Burma? Prague? Continue on from my worktrip to Uganda to travel - i.e. Ethiopia? But I have qualms of being a single Asian female traveller in the Africa continent.. It's a little too scary for me now (so much for my bravado!!) Vancouver? Brazil (Lets!)?? I definitely don't want to stay at home. I know for sure that I'd prefer to stay at one or a couple of places without moving around too much. Volunteering in another country sounds really appealing.

What would you do with your month off?

5 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger Edward said...

A whole month off? I like to think I would have some adventure, but I would probably drown myself in several novels.

I love the Siem Reap pics, btw. The temple-in-the-tree-roots pics are especially fascinating to me. I keep returning to them.

Oh, and while there is not much I won't (or don't) eat, the view of the skinned snakes is about enough to make me flirt with vegetarianism.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

Thanks, Eduardo!

I'm glad to know that folks are checking out my flickr album -- can you believe it, I haven't even completely upload all of my Siem Reap pics. Some are lost because the photoshop at S.R. did a poor job in copying them into CDs. :\

Oh, thanks to Gmail, your comment resulted to this link: Why Is Everyone Going to Cambodia? [Nytimes]. Good read. The picture of the monk in the temple is awesome!! There were monks at the temples when I was there but unfortunately, I never did take a photo of them. I love their bright orange robes.

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

p/s the stench of the skinned snakes was pretty bad!!! While I was game for deep-fried grasshoppers.. I passed on the snakes. :P

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, if u r to prague, maybe u can check this blog out, she's hosting a czech guy n i think he will be traveling around Asia till May. http://highheelseliparjepun.blogspot.com/

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

thanks halamanku, that picture of the czech guy freaked me out a bit though.hahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home