Sunday, March 12, 2006

What guys like best [futsal chicks]

My futsal coach has broken down what guys like best when girls play futsal:

Girl in body-hugging outfit < Girl in baggy clothes BUT with Nike futsal shoes < Girl who actually knows how to play futsal

This insight would have been really useful if I was interested in bagging a 21 year old but as it is, I'm only here for the game.

Yes, I've taken up futsal! First training session anyway. It was loads of fun even though I dragged Miss "But I am so not the Sporty Type" who later turns out to be Pele because as a kid, she used to play football with her brother (!!). Oh, Pele I kid. You made the session more fun for me especially when you cracked up because I ran like a girl and kept kicking air.

I was the only one who brought back a ball "to practise your passing".

It's only made me more determined to be better! It is a lot of fun really. I was all proud when I got back home with my practice ball and told my brother (who never picked me as his football practice partner like Miss Pele's brother did) about it. His eyebrow lift could rival dear Phil's (of Amazing Race naturally!).

"I wanna play with you now," I say with a big smile.

"I think not!!!"

"But you can still play with the girls," says he after much afterthought.

Gee, THANKS.

Oh well, girl on girl. Bring it on.

8 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh well, girl on girl. Bring it on.

Gacckk! Must...resist...urge...to make...really dirty...comment....!!!

And hey, update your links already!

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Dominik said...

Go and kick it! :)

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Cayce said...

ya, jordan! I've been meaning to! Must.Fix.Links.Now.
Hee.

Dominik, I'm a-kicking!

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Edward said...

What is a futsal?

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Cayce said...

Wikipedia says:

Futsal is the indoor version of association football (soccer) that is officially sanctioned by football's international governing body, the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA). Its name is derived from the Portuguese futebol de salão, and the Spanish "futbol de salón", both of which mean hall football.

Futsal is played between two teams of five players, one of which is the goalkeeper; in addition each team may have a number of substitutes. Unlike some other forms of indoor football, the field is delimited by lines, and not nets or boards which the ball may be played off. The ball used tends to be heavier so promotes better ball control skills as well as passing on the ground. Furthermore the smaller area of play further forces players to improve their skills and decision making.

The development of futsal is traced back to 1930 in Montevideo, Uruguay, the same year the World Cup was held in the country. The credit for this is given to Juan Carlos Ceriani who wanted a version of football to be played at YMCAs both indoors and outdoors. Credit is also sometimes given to a similar form of football being developed in Sao Paulo, Brazil. These forms of football were quickly adopted around South America, and many of the continent's greatest stars played futsal before migrating to full-size association football.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Cayce said...

Futsal's currently really hot in the country. There's even a local movie based on a girl futsal team called Gol & Gincu [Goal & Lipstick].

Plot outline: When spoiled college girl Putri loses her hot boyfriend Edy, she tries to get him back by taking up futsal, a sport he's crazy about.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Dermot said...

eughhhh, that's a terrible movie, don't be telling people to watch that, I couldn't even finish it!

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Edward said...

Sheesh, I coulda looked it up myself. I feel like a dork.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home