Thursday, May 25, 2006

Hurtling/Lord, I can't stop myself

OI! I'm heading to Europe! I know, it's crazy!

It's totally spur of the moment, at a time when it's high season and prices are crazy. How do I explain this? It's opportune, that's all I can say.

Other than landing in Amsterdam, I have no idea where to go next or what to do(ok, I lie -- I have some ideas).

As I reach the big 3-0 next month, I'm beginning to understand more of myself. For example, how I just cannot plan ahead, especially when it comes to travelling. Nothing happens whenever I plan. I find it best to just hurtle through one decision from another. The crazy thing is that this often works this way. It has to! I have no idea what to do with this Europe trip but I know, I KNOW, I won't be doing any tours. Tours are for wimps. They make me feel clausthrophobic, and I want to see where the flow takes me. I know I should be at least planning a bit at least figure out my routes. And I'm trying to but do you know how overwhelming planning a trip to Europe could be??

I think I'd be planning my trip around the available couches I could crash, which includes [cue scary music] using the internet. Couchsurfing and its like, here I come! It can't be that bad, can it? Because other than tours, another thing I dread is staying in party hostels with 19 year old American fratboys. I know I am gorgeously young for my age but I also feel rather too old to party too much. It would be nice to walk down the cobblestones of errr.. some European street sober.

What would be amazing from this trip is to get the inside tour from a local. I'm not particularly interested in hooking up with other travellers, is that bad? Unless of course, they are of the male and cuteness variety and then I'd consider. So anyway, I'm working on the friends of friends angle and there is some potential.

Ohh.. do I have any European readers?? Do I, do I?? Drop me an e-mail! Any advice, anyone? Tips, etc?? Basically, I do not want to cram as many cities as possible. I rather chill out in a city/town/village as long as it takes. I am thinking of the big cities of Berlin and Paris but wonder if they would be too much to take at one go and that it would be best to hang out in smaller towns. Eastern Europe.. I'm thinking about it but realistically, I think I would be hanging around Germany or France (maybe).

Tee hee.. I have no idea what I'm doing -- it's exciting!

5 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Blogger [The User] said...

I just came back from a trip to Florence and I must say it was fabulous. Highly recommended. I'm sure your trip to Europe doesn't include the UK but if it did you'd be welcome to drop me a line. Unfortunately I'm not in London.

Have a great time whatever happens!

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

I've been looking at your Italy photos! So lovely!! I definitely want to go one of these days..

Europe plans are still up in the air but will definitely e-mail you if I suddenly find myself in UK. Thanks! :)

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger [The User] said...

I imagine you've been to London. I can't believe the Museums are free! If you go to London and you'd like a museum buddy I can pop down to London on a weekend pretty easily.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Cayce said...

I've actually never been to London *grin*

But oh very cool! If I end up in London, we'd definitely meet!! I do like museum buddies :D

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger [The User] said...

Fingers crossed! I hope you come this way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home