Tuesday, May 30, 2006

O Saint Stimpy

So last Saturday, I was rummaging in the backseat of my car for my dog's missing eyeball.

Yes, my weekend was a little more exciting than yours.

Poor little Stimpy! I feel we are terrible, terrible dog owners. I can't believe it happened yet again. Third time. What's wrong with that damn eyeball, it keeps popping up although I can't remember which eye it was and I worry that was his good eye. And, oooohhh...

The thing is that he's this weird little dog that never whines whenever he's in pain. He doesn't go up to you to seek comfort either. Instead he hides away in his little corner and pretends nothing's happening even though his eyeball's popped out of the socket and he's looking at himself in a way that he's never seen before.

So we freaked out when we finally discovered him. Rushed him to the vet. And the vet said:

"The eyeball is GONE"

And my mom freaked a little and asked my sister why didn't she hold in the eyeball (she was carrying the dog to the car; I was driving). My sis majorly freaked out and there was yelling about how she didn't know that it was that bad and my mom should have told her, and well maybe it was in the car and Somebody (i.e. me) should go look.

So there I was, with my hand tentatively searching in every crevice of the car.. Not really wanting to find an eyeball but it was a DUTY.

Turns out that what the vet meant was that the eyeball is gone -- it's still there, hanging out of the socket but it can't be saved anymore -- as in, Stimpy needs a name-change like, One-eyed Jack because he ain't going to be seeing out of that eye anymore.

He's ok now, he really is. On the way home from the vet, with the eyelid firmly sewed up to keep the eyeball in, he was all cheery and licking and idiotically happy as he always is.

Yesterday too, he decides to join in a dog fight that had nothing to do with him whatsoever but I think he feels left out because the other dogs don't find him fight-worthy. You see, he's kinda effeminate for a boy dog. Everyone thinks he's female and sometimes, I'm too embarrassed to correct them. "Yes, Stimpy. She is a cute dog".

When I was recounting this story to a couple of friends, one of them gleefully pointed out, "It's like Happy Tree Friends!"

Happy Tree Friends are these cute, cuddly animals (like Stimpy) whose daily adventures always end up horribly wrong (like Stimpy who has endured numerous eyeball poppings, being run over by a car and paralyzed in the lower back for months, being chewed by a neighbourhood dog that resulted in a hole in his stomach and God, I don't want to recount anymore of his 'adventures'). The oddest thing about Stimpy is that he is the sweetest dog of the bunch and he's always so *happy*. Nothing ever brings him down.

We could learn a thing or two from Stimpy.

Look at this adorable face!! Now, imagine one eye -- *sob*

Stimpy

Although, wouldn't he look darling with a patch?? Gucci, even!!!

7 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger Sicilian said...

LOL. . . your story is funny.
Ciao

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Edward said...

This might have been the most horrifying post I have read in a while. Pop it back in??? Gawdamighty woman!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Cayce said...

*sniff* at least the Sicilian liked my story.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger superkumquat said...

Poor Stimpy. Give him a cuddle from me.

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Cayce said...

aww.. he is definitely getting more cuddles than usual. I shall tell him that one is from da Froot.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Edward said...

I can't decide if this is a joke or not.

Cayce, tell me plainly and tell me sure. Are you saying that you would pop the dog's eye back into its socket *shiver* like some sort of button on a stuffed animal's face?????

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

well, yah what else are you supposed to do?? the socket's still connected to the blood vessels anyhow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home