Sunday, May 28, 2006

So I met a cute guy recently..

Oh, Blog.. I have deserted you of lately..

Let me make up to you by telling you of a guy I recently met. Oh, he is so cute, let me tell you. And he approached me first after more than a couple of hours of us looking at each other but not daring to make the first move (it was so obvious that we found each other rather interesting - hee). We kept meeting up every day after that and when he left, e-mails. Alas, it was clearly a case of a oneitis. Mild case, I should add -- well, mild in the sense that there was no bad poetry written or grand proclamations spoken. However, there was much heart-felt hand wringing that good friends had to endure but that's what friends are for, right?? I was finally cured of my oneitis when he finally mentioned his girlfriend, which threw me into confusion. Mutual friends did not help by not mentioning her at all either. But dem the breaks. You win some, you lose some.

The good news is that we're still friends and I now have a local guide for Berlin when I head over -- yippee!! Even better (or weirder), hopefully his girlfriend in Paris would show me around too. When it pours, make hay I say. Or something like that. I should not use proverbs when I don't know what I'm talking about.

The other good news is that I met another guy (tee hee) over the weekend. And no, not another case of 'oneitis' - no angst involved or will be involved in the future. In fact, I probably won't see this guy ever again and that's ok! Yet we had really good chemistry going which I would miss because even with my oneitis spell, I have to admit, there wasn't much chemistry going between us as with this guy [that's the thing about oneitis -- the self-delusions, ah!]. And he was genuinely interested in getting to know me, and not in the 'get-in-your-pants' kind of way, how cool was that? Or what the hell, maybe he did a little but I don't care because I sure wanted to get into his. And wow, it's been a long long time since I've felt so lusty - whee!

It's interesting how every time I have err.. 'boy-girl' type encounters, I think to myself -- "this is different, I don't think I've experienced this before". And it's true, because every person is different, individualistic in their own way, and the way we connect to each person is often quite unique, I feel. I just have to keep in mind that this may not necessary mean that it's "MEANT TO BE" or other embarrassing thoughts of the like. Damn my active imagination.

At least I bounce back and get that gleam back into my eye whenever another potential comes along and baby, let me tell you -- in this town of mine, potentials (of whatever -- not just "THE ONE" either!!) are pretty much non-existent. I've had this confirmed with many intelligent attractive women so it can't be just me.

Anyway, "non-oneitis" guy? He was fascinating in the sense that we didn't have a lot in common other than us clicking. It's like -- I'm uptown, he's downtown. He can count the number of books that he's read in a couple of years in one hand ("2"). The last book he read for gosh sakes was the Da Vinci Code. On a normal day, I snicker at the thought of Da Vinci Code fans.

His idea of travelling includes full moon parties; I travel for the culture, nature and sight-seeing. I like visiting museums (the Anne Frank museum in Amsterdam is going to be my must-see, as well as checking out the Rembrandt exhibition -- do you know that it's his 400th birthday this year?); he's never set foot in one and has no intention to. He loves house music; I hate the fucking Frog. Usually, at this point of conversation, I'd be rolling my eyes inwardly and thinking, how am I going to get out of here? But I really enjoyed getting to know him.

He is so funny too. He makes me laugh (always major bonus points).

Anyway, the point of writing about this guy is to remind myself that when it comes down to it, I don't really need a guy who's completely into the same things I am. I mean, similar interests are great because there's fertile soil for discussion but the end of the day, I really appreciate someone who could make me laugh, and feel comfortable around with. And isn't it amazing when there's sexual chemistry involved?

It's pretty amazing to learn something new with each encounter. Not just what I've just written so far but other significant things that I didn't do and should have done. Things I've done and probably shouldn't have. I feel like I'm learning so much from each encounter so it's difficult to stay upset at a situation that went wrong.

This is why when I wish upon a falling star, it is so hard for me to make a very specific wish, like "I really want that .. OR this" because I don't have the hindsight to realize that perhaps those hopes are not the best thing for me right now.

So what do I wish for?

To retain joy and contentment in my life. To do good. To remain in good health. And always, wish the same for all my loved ones as well.

That's all you can really hope for in the end anyway.

4 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger Edward said...

Ahhh Cayce. Back again in spades, I see.

When it rains make hay? Ummmm... Okay.

"The One" and "meant to be" are lies.

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Apai Salleh said...

Selamat Hari Gawai :-)

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

eduardo: I have decided that I am overdue for a couple of delicious flings. The 'One' would have to wait.

SP: Same to you bro!

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger jayna said...

I liked the last parts most, and how you ended it. I totally agree =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home