Saturday, July 08, 2006

Loving Uganda!!..


CHIMPS!!!


Me and my new Malagasy friend, Vonze, by Lake Victoria (on my 30th birthday!!!)


Impulsively visiting a boarding school -- where I was drawn by the laughter and the local music. The children stole my heart -- they were so curious (mostly about my straight black hair), happy (yet sometimes shy), and open.


They taught me how to dance the Ugandan way and sang for me. Best birthday ever. (Later, my new friends took me to the local bar -- 4 Turkeys -- where I, and another friend, were propositioned by the local prostitute -- but that's another story)




Me and the kids. Love them to bits!


I met Mr. H. too

That is, the monkey we're both posing with. i.e. Inspiring plush toy that follows Jane Goodall whenever she travels 300 days out of the year..

And saving the best for last...

8 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger q said...

OMG!!! :-D

happy birthday again and glad to see you had a great time celebrating it :-)

and the last photo made me all choked up, awww (not with envy, i swear! haha)

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Dee said...

Love the green baby tee,love the happy faces you have on each photo,love the sense of fun that it all portrays...and the last pic...heh...LOVE IT WITH ENVY...as much as I miss you being around,I'd say "savour the european summer,let it get into your veins".....

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Malaika said...

WOW!! you met jane goodall??? whoa!

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger superkumquat said...

Wah! Really glad to know that you're having a wonderful time, dearie :D

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

Thanks guys!! :)

q: it was a magical moment. she was such a sweet, gracious woman. hearing her speak is even better because she is sooo inspiring. i swear. she's like my new idol!

dee m: aww, you totally helped in keeping me going on! i felt so much better after your e-mail!

daniel: thanks!!

rosaleen: She is definitely all that you've heard about. In person, she's like.. WOW.. bookcrossing? Gosh, it's been over a year since I've been actively bookcrossing!! But cheers!

malaika: she was the keynote speaker in the primate conference i was attending. therefore, it was easier to meet her when she was wandering around...

tootie frootie: thanks!! sorry for not writing to you yet but been really busy, with err. travelling.. hope you girls had a great time at the rwmf! i mean, i'm sure you did!!

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger q said...

oh! i forgot to mention that i LOVE the green tee too! where can i get one? :-D

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Cayce said...

thanks!! :D I love that shirt -- I get compliments everytime I wear it out.

It's actually a Malaysian brand -- MV Girl. From KL.

Bought it in Kuching Plaza. :)

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger Edward said...

Hey, its Jane! Thats huge.

One of my favorite Farside cartoons is the one where the chimp picks a blond hair off of her mate's shoulder and says, "You've been hanging around that Goodall hussy again, haven't you?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home